******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they all look badly coached at the basic level.

Rory Burns has basically been either playing test cricket or on holiday for the past 2 years and no one has tried to fix his technique problems.

Butter and Bairstow have really obvious weaknesses and they're not being fixed.

I remember great opening batsmen like Cook developing technique issues or bowlers exposing weaknesses after loads of analysis and theyd go away and fix them.

The dropped catches everywhere- thats always been used as a barometer of coaching.

There's no evidence of coaching.
Counties don’t invest in the 4 day game anymore as it doesn’t pay.

Therefore we’ve stopped producing players with any form of defensive technique or a mindset to bat for half a day.

We don’t have any coaches to coach them badly!

And they all look badly coached at the basic level.

Rory Burns has basically been either playing test cricket or on holiday for the past 2 years and no one has tried to fix his technique problems.

Butter and Bairstow have really obvious weaknesses and they're not being fixed.

I remember great opening batsmen like Cook developing technique issues or bowlers exposing weaknesses after loads of analysis and theyd go away and fix them.

The dropped catches everywhere- thats always been used as a barometer of coaching.

There's no evidence of coaching.
Way too much sense here Dom.
Has Hameed really been tearing it up in the County scene though ?
The cupboard is bare as far as batting is concerned.

Counties don’t invest in the 4 day game anymore as it doesn’t pay.

Therefore we’ve stopped producing players with any form of defensive technique or a mindset to bat for half a day.

We don’t have any coaches to coach them badly!
Also counties lose their players for most of the season if they're test level. Feels like Jimmy has barely played for lancs in years.

Apart from Root and maybe one of the fast bowlers, I’m not sure any of our current side would make the ‘05 Ashes winning team. And yes, I do rate peak Freddie more highly than Stokes.

This has 5-0 written all over it (assuming nothing happens over Covid) and we’re not even playing a particularly strong Australian unit.

Apart from Root and maybe one of the fast bowlers, I’m not sure any of our current side would make the ‘05 Ashes winning team. And yes, I do rate peak Freddie more highly than Stokes.

This has 5-0 written all over it (assuming nothing happens over Covid) and we’re not even playing a particularly strong Australian unit.
I agree - Stokes a bit better bat than Freddie but the latter a much better bowler.
Root instead of Bell and Jimmy instead of Hoggard.

Declaring means the five-seam attack could not claim 10 wickets, and England lost their openers to an attack missing two of the world's top four bowlers. Omicron might yet save England from a whitewash, but that'll be precious little comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.