10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being played to wide. Needs to be in the middle more. He will contribute this season. That will be about it. He will come good next season. A rest. Pre-season training. And a season under his belt at City.

Was brave enough took a whacks for the benefit of the team .

A lot of the time he received the ball tonight he had two if not three players around him , he is not Messi

Shearer going in pretty hard against grealish
Don’t think he said anything wrong there is a lot more to come from him. Shearer wasn’t doubting Grealish’s ability and I liked that he pointed out Pep wouldn’t be discouraging his creative players from expressing themselves. He’s got the ability but is probably a bit overawed in a world class team so far.

Not sure he’ll contribute enough, width, goals or assists for a team like us is if he stays wide left though

Problem isn't in Grealish, problem is how Pep chooses to play him..

Today for example, there was perfect opportunity to play Jack as a LCM and check how he would cope with this role. Bernardo struggled a lot there with the ball and couldn't use spaces as with the left foot he is able to play wide only from that position..

Bernardo could have played False 9 or even RW, with Jesus playing a CF..

I think we could have seen a better game..

Jack's potential is huge, he is truly one of the best players in the world right now.. We just aren't using him properly..

He needs space, he needs ball, he needs runners behind and as a False9 or LW - he can't offer much.
But if you give him position he needs, then all the benefits will start to come..

But to question his skills or potential or level is ridiculous. We have a gem here <3

Problem isn't in Grealish, problem is how Pep chooses to play him..

Today for example, there was perfect opportunity to play Jack as a LCM and check how he would cope with this role. Bernardo struggled a lot there with the ball and couldn't use spaces as with the left foot he is able to play wide only from that position..

Bernardo could have played False 9 or even RW, with Jesus playing a CF..

I think we could have seen a better game..

Jack's potential is huge, he is truly one of the best players in the world right now.. We just aren't using him properly..

He needs space, he needs ball, he needs runners behind and as a False9 or LW - he can't offer much.
But if you give him position he needs, then all the benefits will start to come..

But to question his skills or potential or level is ridiculous. We have a gem here <3

Simply not true, even at his best at Villa he wasn't one of the best players in the world even he will agree with that.

Said it in the match thread and will say it again - having him as the furthest forward player nullifies all his main strengths. He's a ball carrier and a passer - no point in playing him where he has no space and no teammates in front of him.

First half, pretty anonymous stuck up high in the middle. Looked a little better second half when moved to the left, but still not hugely involved.

He's calm on the ball and rarely loses it but people are demanding more and I get that. I'd love to see him taking more risks and driving forward more, although I'm aware (and I'm sure he is too) of the inevitable accusations of selfishness and wastefulness if he tries it and it doesn't come off.

The team performance tonight was a little disjointed and obviously that doesn't help - Phil did okay but none of our other attacking players played particularly well, and that has a compound effect because of how they all feed off each other's movement and vision and passing.

I think Grealish is playing with a real lack of confidence at the moment. Too safe and too hesitant, not feeling able to express himself. We've seen odd flashes of what he can do in some games but I think that, like a lot of players when we first bring them in, he's going to be patchy and inconsistent for a while. Just needs time and patience and a bit of coddling from Pep, perhaps.

Simply not true, even at his best at Villa he wasn't one of the best players in the world even he will agree with that.
When Mancity pays club-record money for a player, he without any question is one of the best in the world.

He was one of the best attacking players in PL last year and that makes him one of the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.