#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His recent performances have been nowhere near good enough to justify a starting place imo.

People were slaughtering Sterling on here for performances better than Kev has turned in this week. He gets a very easy ride from fans and media pundits/writers.
Sterling performances were way worse. He did everything wrong and didn't produce anything.

KDB didn't play well today or last match, and still last match he had 2 wonderful assists(Foden's goal and Laporte's goal), and today was our biggest offensive threat(5/8 best chances were produced by him). Tell me who created more chances today? Again, he didn't play well, but he is so far from getting an easy ride from us.

He just cannot play in midfield anymore.

I was curious about how bad his hall retention has actually become and the stats are even worse than I thought.

Over the last 365 days his pass completion is 76.7% which is in the bottom 12% of all midfielders!

For comparison Bernardo is at 89.5% which puts him in the top 9% of midfielders.

Given Kevin can only play false 9 what happens when we go and buy a number 9 in summer, is he second choice striker? Does he move to become a wide midfielder to utilise his crossing? Do we sell him??

He just cannot play in midfield anymore.

I was curious about how bad his hall retention has actually become and the stats are even worse than I thought.

Over the last 365 days his pass completion is 76.7% which is in the bottom 12% of all midfielders!

For comparison Bernardo is at 89.5% which puts him in the top 9% of midfielders.

Given Kevin can only play false 9 what happens when we go and buy a number 9 in summer, is he second choice striker? Does he move to become a wide midfielder to utilise his crossing? Do we sell him??
I wouldnt use pass completion as a complete metric for retention.

KdB regularly makes risky passes.

I wouldnt use pass completion as a complete metric for retention.

KdB regularly makes risky passes.

That's sort of the point, you can't play that many risky passes as a midfielder. The risk v reward is too high.

Do it as a false 9 and it's brilliant as it doesn't really matter if you lose it near the opposition's box.

That's sort of the point, you can't play that many risky passes as a midfielder. The risk v reward is too high.

Do it as a false 9 and it's brilliant as it doesn't really matter if you lose it near the opposition's box.
He has been doing it in every position since he joined us , his ball in gave us the winning goal today so seems a funny time to rip him apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.