Chelsea v Liverpool preferred outcome

What's your preferred outcome for the Chelsea Liverpool game tomorrow?

• Chelsea win

Votes: 181 28.6%
  • Liverpool win

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 451 71.2%

• Total voters
Don't think there is any point with Salah, he is going to AFCON so ban will happen whilst he is away (I think). So can we swap Salah for Jota?
bans only happen for games they're available to play in. So they'd be banned for games when they are back. I'm not sure why they would be banned though. I didn't see anything bad apart from the Mane elbow

When we are 13 points clear with 4 games left I might relax.

is the right answer

never ever take your eye of the ball and fall for all the crap by the media and pundits saying its over ?
its part of the plan from them to get in your minds thinking well its over and can rest and coast the rest of the season

you don't win 5 premier league in 9 years thinking its ever over ? wait to they shake your hand and give you your medal and only then do you relax

Great result for us. Keeps Chelsea 10 points behind having played the same number of matches and Liverpool 11 points back with one game in hand.

We currently have 53 points from 21 matches, an average of just over 2.52 per game. If we can keep that up until the end of the season, it would give us 96 points (rounding up from 95.9). In practice, to reach that tally, we need 43 points from 17 games - say, W14 D1 L2, so a tough ask but not impossible.

Liverpool's maximum tally, i.e. what they'd get by winning every game they have left, is 96 points, while Chelsea's maximum is 94. Neither of those things will happen, so replicate our form between the start of the campaign and New Year and we'll be champions.

But let's look at a different scenario, where we pick up two points per game between now and the end of the season. That allows for a dip in form when the CL returns. Under this scenario, we'd pick up 34 points from the last 17 games (say, W10 D4 L3). This would see us finish on 87 points.

For Chelsea and Liverpool to better that by reaching 88 points, they'd need 45 points from 17 games and 46 from 18, respectively. For Chelsea, that would mean a run of, say, W14 D3 L0. For Liverpool, it might be W15 D1 L2.

In other words, even with a significant drop-off in our form, they have very little margin for error if they're going to catch us. We really have got ourselves into a fantastic position. Brilliant work from Pep and the players in the last two months.

Of course, for us old-school Blues, we'll never believe it's over until it's actually over. But even we can't deny that it's starting to look pretty good.

Great result for us. Keeps Chelsea 10 points behind having played the same number of matches and Liverpool 11 points back with one game in hand.

We currently have 53 points from 21 matches, an average of just over 2.52 per game. If we can keep that up until the end of the season, it would give us 96 points (rounding up from 95.9). In practice, to reach that tally, we need 43 points from 17 games - say, W14 D1 L2, so a tough ask but not impossible.

Liverpool's maximum tally, i.e. what they'd get by winning every game they have left, is 96 points, while Chelsea's maximum is 94. Neither of those things will happen, so replicate our form between the start of the campaign and New Year and we'll be champions.

But let's look at a different scenario, where we pick up two points per game between now and the end of the season. That allows for a dip in form when the CL returns. Under this scenario, we'd pick up 34 points from the last 17 games (say, W10 D4 L3). This would see us finish on 87 points.

For Chelsea and Liverpool to better that by reaching 88 points, they'd need 45 points from 17 games and 46 from 18, respectively. For Chelsea, that would mean a run of, say, W14 D3 L0. For Liverpool, it might be W15 D1 L2.

In other words, even with a significant drop-off in our form, they have very little margin for error if they're going to catch us. We really have got ourselves into a fantastic position. Brilliant work from Pep and the players in the last two months.

Of course, for us old-school Blues, we'll never believe it's over until it's actually over. But even we can't deny that it's starting to look pretty good.
Your last bit rings so so true to me

until it’s done and dusted a part of me will always be nervous whenever and whoever we play against

I am just enjoying our team so much at this moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.