The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already over, but beat Chelsea in 2 weeks time and let AFCON sort out Liverpool and we’ll be relaxing on the beach by February, able to rest players for the Cup and CL.

Unfortunately I think that was one of the reasons as to why we lost the CL final last season. Between winning the title (early) and the final itself, we didn’t play our perceived strongest side once. There were a lot of changes each week and we never again saw the lineups that went up against Dortmund or PSG.

The points gap helped us get to the final of course as we rested players in the league with the title close but by the end of the season those 1/4 and 1/2 final games were a month away and we lost momentum.

Perhaps an FA Cup Final would keep us freshened up…

Chelsea have Mendy and Ziyech going to AFCON, They play Tottenham away midweek before they play us at 12:30pm on the Saturday. We have a full week with no game after we play Swindon. Be nice for us to have a week to prepare for that game whilst they have Tottenham away! Hopefully Tottenham give them a game in the first leg to keep the second leg alive and make Chelsea have to put a shift in.

I wonder what that does to your CL aspirations. Being on the beach so early in the season is quite an interesting situation to navigate.

It is a very good point. Long way to go in the title race and a lot of matches to win, but imo winning too early is a problem as players naturally lose a bit of competitiveness/sharpness and I am not convinced it is something you can turn on/off like a tap.

The latter, latter stages of the Champs Lge (as is winning the league) are a long way off as yet though. It may not even prove to be an issue on both counts.

Chelsea have Mendy and Ziyech going to AFCON, They play Tottenham away midweek before they play us at 12:30pm on the Saturday. We have a full week with no game after we play Swindon. Be nice for us to have a week to prepare for that game whilst they have Tottenham away! Hopefully Tottenham give them a game in the first leg to keep the second leg alive and make Chelsea have to put a shift in.

I hope the covid cases in the team do not increase. That’s my only fear.

I wonder what that does to your CL aspirations. Being on the beach so early in the season is quite an interesting situation to navigate.

Thankfully we have a manager who wouldn’t allow such a thing.

I think people are getting too carried away with the Afcon tournament.
Even players getting to the final itself are only going to miss only a few premier league games.
Mane, Mendy, Salah Mahrez Ziyech can't all get to the final.

Arguably that contributed to our defeat to Chelsea in last year’s final. From the moment we lost the fa cup semi we lost our intensity.
Definitely, because we had the title won pretty early we lost the Semi, the Derby
Leeds and West Ham games due to a lack of intensity, we just dropped our level and it cost us in the Champions League final.

Anyone who thinks Pep Guardiola would ever give up a 13 point lead in a league season is an idiot, lying or a desperate liverpool fan.

The constant “pretend we’re still neck and neck so we’re not cocky” thing is so small time.

13 points, have liverpool dropped 5 more since this afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.