• Nothing bothers me

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • Nation state club

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • Forgot - Oil club!

Votes: 38 8.6%

• Total voters
"No history" for me.

Arsenal fans were singing that after the game, which is ludicrous as we won our first trophy, the FA Cup in 1904, while they were still an amateur team playing in Plumstead. They weren't elected to the Football League until 1913. They won their first league title a few years before us but we won every other trophy well before they won the same one.
Football fans in the moment don’t think though, they just speak. To them we are still little City. Logic rarely comes into it where chanting and slagging off is concerned.

100% of it is just pure jealousy. And it is absolutely delicious. They all want what we have.

In general none of it really bothers me - never really has.

The media stuff is just born out of jealousy, laziness and a lack of intelligence, with a bit of racism thrown in for good measure. They’re all dancing to our tune now, whether they realise it or not. When people have a go about us in person, I actually quite enjoy it as I’ve always been argumentative and pretty good at taking the piss.

Bottom line is I’ll take the bitterness and jealousy which follows our success over being patronised when we were shit any day of the week.

The one thing that would be nice however is if we could actually have the occasional professional / objective commentary on our matches, as 90-plus minutes of tired cliches and pantomime performances from people like Martin Keown does get boring.

I had someone on FB (a pal i might add) mocking the child abuse connection. Told him in no uncertain terms that if he is having to use that to score points then hes already lost

im very uncomfortable with it, reds using this as a term of abuse. You know the thing,
0 european cups
£1bm spent
6 paedos

find it very weird to be honest
It’s just as others have posted jealousy pure and simple,they are desperate to find any crumb of comfort in ways of slagging us off it’s like a coping mechanism,my son was talking to his friend last week saying City the best team in domestic English football history his mate says strangely no way utd team that won league and champions league in 2007-8,my son said I didn’t mention European football just domestic,thick as fuck he told him to do one..

Young glory fans who skipped a generation or two thinking they create a better atmosphere.

I don't think that picking a particular lie is really instructive. All of them are spun to create an overarching narrative and are connected with one another thus:

We have no history - i.e. we're a small club who've never been of much consequence (and by implication are undeserving of success), which feeds into

Empty seats / no fans - i.e. as a result, we have a small support (and by implication are thus even more undeserving of success than you might think from our lack of history alone), which feeds into

Financial doping - i.e. as a result, we can't generate the finance from our tiny support base to compete with the more deserving big (or 'proper') clubs without someone pumping vast amounts of cash in, which feeds into

State-owned - i.e. as a result, no one would buy no-fans and no-history City as an investment so we're reliant on funding from a state desperate to use a winning football machine to burnish its image worldwide, which feeds into

Sportswashing - i.e. the only kind of state we can attract to this end is one desperate to hide its abhorrent, widespread use of torture and its commonplace murdering of gays from a furious and morally upright onlooking world (which nonetheless uniformly had never previously given a fuck), which feeds into

Cheats - i.e. as a result, constrained by the noble construct that is FFP (brought in with a view to stopping immoral owners such as ours), we blatantly cheat the system and get away with it because we can afford the best lawyers and accountants, which feeds into

Nobody cares - i.e. as a result, the footballing world believes that our success is hollow so they ignore us (despite writing vast reams of material to make sure that everyone's aware of just how much they actually don't care), which feeds into

Boring - i.e we aren't saved by the fact that we achieve our success with football that's the direct, linear successor of Rinus Michels's style in the seventies and Pep's Barca (probably the best club side ever seen) because our game is in fact sterile and dull.

The whole thing is both laughable and yet pernicious in its mendacity, but remember the words: "organised and clear". This is the PR aspect of the campaign against us.

The other aspect of it was shown in someone hacking our servers to order. That was followed by a trawl through the resultant material to find something that could bring us down, with client-journalist media cheerleaders, egged on by rival clubs, wilfully misrepresenting the negligible nature of what was discovered in an attempt (which nearly worked) to create a febrile atmosphere in which the authorities would feel unable to decline to punish us.

I hear what City fans say when they argue we should just ignore the media. But actually, when you look at what this bullshit represents and who's behind it, then those of use who elect to do so have every justification IMO for taking it seriously.

Last edited:
I don't think that picking a particular lie is really instructive. All of them are spun to create an overarching narrative and are connected with one another thus:

We have no history - i.e. we're a small club who've never been of much consequence (and by implication are undeserving of success), which feeds into

Empty seats / no fans - i.e. as a result, we have a small support (and by implication are thus even more undeserving of success than you might think from our lack of history alone), which feeds into

Financial doping - i.e. as a result, we can't generate the finance from our tiny support base to compete with the more deserving big (or 'proper') clubs without someone pumping vast amounts of cash in, which feeds into

State-owned - i.e. as a result, no one would buy no-fans and no-history City as an investment so we're reliant on funding from a state desperate to use a winning football machine to burnish its image worldwide, which feeds into

Sportswashing - i.e. the only kind of state we can attract to this end is one desperate to hide its abhorrent, widespread use of torture and its commonplace murdering of gays from a furious andAs morally upright onlooking world (which nonetheless uniformly had never previously given a fuck), which feeds into

Cheats - i.e. as a result, constrained by the noble construct that is FFP (brought in with a view to stopping immoral owners such as ours), we blatantly cheat the system and get away with it because we can afford the best lawyers and accountants, which feeds into

Nobody cares - i.e. as a result, the footballing world believes that our success is hollow so they ignore us (despite writing vast reams of material to make sure that everyone's aware of just how much they actually don't care), which feeds into

Boring - i.e we aren't saved by the fact that we achieve our success with football that's the direct, linear successor of Rinus Michels's style in the seventies and Pep's Barca (probably the best club side ever seen) because our game is in fact sterile and dull.

The whole thing is both laughable and yet pernicious in its mendacity, but remember the words: "organised and clear". This is the PR aspect of the campaign against us.

The other aspect of it was shown in someone hacking our servers to order. That was followed by a trawl through the resultant material to find something that could bring us down, with client-journalist media cheerleaders, egged on by rival clubs, wilfully misrepresenting the negligible nature of what was found in an attempt (which nearly worked) to create a febrile atmosphere in which the authorities would feel unable to decline to punish us.

I hear what City fans say when they argue we should just ignore the media. But actually, when you look at what this bullshit represents and who's behind it, then those of use who elect to do so have every justification IMO for taking it seriously.
I would add that there's a time and place to fight our corner. To respond to clickbait on their digital sites is sometime self-defeating as we just create a focus for revenue, and trolls.

In general none of it really bothers me - never really has.

The media stuff is just born out of jealousy, laziness and a lack of intelligence, with a bit of racism thrown in for good measure. They’re all dancing to our tune now, whether they realise it or not. When people have a go about us in person, I actually quite enjoy it as I’ve always been argumentative and pretty good at taking the piss.

Bottom line is I’ll take the bitterness and jealousy which follows our success over being patronised when we were shit any day of the week.

The one thing that would be nice however is if we could actually have the occasional professional / objective commentary on our matches, as 90-plus minutes of tired cliches and pantomime performances from people like Martin Keown does get boring.
It doesn't bother me if we are winning and there are no consequences. It annoyed me a lot when we were facing UEFA sanctions. Then the publicity barrage had consequences, or I felt it did. I thought CAS would be forced to back UEFA by weight of 'popular opinion'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.