Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much of a statement signing. I don't see this takeover going very well for them...

Good signing for them that. He's still a very good player, with an excellent set piece delivery. Shame Wilson isn't fit to profit though! They need central defenders, a new keeper, a centre mid and a striker still and that might be just to stay up!

Not much of a statement signing. I don't see this takeover going very well for them...

Well Robinho was pretty rubbish for us.

He's more like their Bridge equivalent and I'd wager he'll do better than Bridge was for us too.

I do find it hard to think they'll manage a De Jong or Bellamy though, two of my favourite ever signings.

I think £400k/week is a stretch but I wouldn't be shocked to see them sign players on £200k/week - £300k/week.

They're also being linked with players like Ramsey whose wages are astronomical (€400k/week) and I expect any Premier League player they sign will ask for wages higher than Trippier too.

I don't think it's unreasonable that a young promising talent who chooses to setback their career a few years asks for wage compensation to make up for it. Not on about Botman in this scenario but a young player from the Premier League say.
Think they would probably go the signing or team performance based route with relegation release clauses rather than hugely inflated basic wages.

It'll be a signing to try and solidify them as a mid-table/lower top half side.

They need about 4 more just to stay up though, so by the time they get into a position to challenge the best, assuming that's their plan, he'll be being phased out.

Trippier is a great signing for them tbh,
It’s been known for a while trippier wanted to return to England and he’s a bury lad so Newcastle isn’t too far from home for him.

I reckon trippier wanted the United move deep down though. Been rumours for the past few years of him and united

Newcastle don't need to pay anyone £400k/week. Young players like Sven Botman are probably on £20k/week at Lille at most.

The other clubs interested in him are CL level German or Italian clubs who might give him 50-75k.

It's amazing how City fans of all people are so easily swallowing the media narrative around Newcastle, it's literally the same articles from 2008-2010 copy and pasted.

We weren’t in a huge relegation battle.

We weren’t in a huge relegation battle.

Neither are Newcastle. They're 2 points off safety.

If they make the Digne, Botman and Trippier signings and bring in an attacker to cover their injury losses, it won't even be close, they'll finish well clear.

Howe already has them playing well, they're being let down by some individual mistakes at the back by defenders who just aren't up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.