Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to sign Cantwell, not sure about that one. Looked decent 2 years ago but not a player that's getting you out of the relegation. Even Norwich don't play him, which might be to their detriment.

I think the reality is that even ignoring ffp they won't be able to sign their way out of relegation. They will know that and these signings look sensible. They should have enough to smash the championship and from there they can build. Ffp will only limit the speed of their rise. The old guard will be worried even though they look like relegation fodder right now.

Neither are Newcastle. They're 2 points off safety.

If they make the Digne, Botman and Trippier signings and bring in an attacker to cover their injury losses, it won't even be close, they'll finish well clear.

Howe already has them playing well, they're being let down by some individual mistakes at the back by defenders who just aren't up to it.

They’re on course for 22pts. Twenty Two.
They have just lost their 2 best players and have shown zero signs of improvement under a pretty awful manager. It’s them or Burnley and Burnley have great experience in this position. Plus 2 games in hand on them.

Newcastle have to bed in these players, they’ll be down to about 15 games to save their season by the end of the window and need about 6 new players. They’re looking mainly at players way out of form, favour or rhythm at their current club. So will need time to get their fitness up to speed for one hell of a fight. The race for the European positions is fierce, and there’s about 5/6 teams fighting for survival. Hardly any ‘dead rubbers’.

Make no mistake, this isn’t Champ Manager they are in a real scrap.

They’re on course for 22pts. Twenty Two.
They have just lost their 2 best players and have shown zero signs of improvement under a pretty awful manager.

This might be the most intellectually dishonest point I've seen made in a while.

This might be the most intellectually dishonest point I've seen made in a while.
Why? Because i’ve seen zero improvement in the games I’ve watched? Howe’s sun percentage so far is half that of Bruce. Just 12%. That’s not an upturn that is going to see then escape.
I’m not saying they won’t escape, but they’re certainly in a huge battle against the drop. And the players they’re looking to sign have to be ready for that. If we’d have been in 19th under Hughes when he took over, signings like Bridge, Robinho, Crocky would have been a disaster.

They need players of the likes of Zabaleta & Kompany.
Tripper is a decent start, so would Tarkovski. But some of the other players they’re been linked with will need time to get used to what they’re up against.

Last edited:
Loving the spin on this transfer,
Trippier is joining Newcastle not for financial reasons but for the glory of playing for a huge juggernaut of a football club. Trippier has confirmed money was not his reason for joining the Geordies and boss Eddie Howe reiterated, money is not the motivator for top top players like Kieran. It’s about being successful, he could have earned more money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.