City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

There’s certain things the club don’t or won’t do to improve our image, one of them is to get rid of Etihad and all the signage, get them off our kit, off our stadium name etc etc Etihad is pure toxic, it perpetuates the myth that the others cling to. I would rather we cut a less lucrative deal and juggle our books even if that means cutting a player or two, it’s now way past a joke. The Etihad deal is a millstone, my understanding is it’s about 10% of our total income and these days hardly represents a good deal.

Why do you think they invested this much in us if they can't also promote Abu Dhabi brands?

Can't say it would bother me either way, I'm not calling for us to ditch them though.
Another poster was earlier in the thread

The theme in response has been - ...........why would we react to the snide comments of the dippers and others by doing something they want?

They will remain malevolent towards CITY in their words and actions anyway

I think some posters need to grow a pair of fucking bollocks. So fucking what if the media or fans try to give grief over a sponsor. Try going into work in the 90s on a Monday when them rag bastards had won again and 20 plus blokes are ripping the shit out of you. I only listened to one of them coz he went , so I ain't going to listen to wankers today who know fuck all about our great club.

I don't get all this "drop Etihad" nonsense. Etihad fly directly from Manchester Airport so it makes perfect commercial sense for them to shirt and/or stadium sponsor a Manchester team. I think some some of our fans are paying a little too much attention to our increasingly jealous detractors.
Questions would be asked if they come up with a big deal while losing over $1b a year on a regular basis. It certainly isn't perfect commercial sense.

I don't get all this "drop Etihad" nonsense. Etihad fly directly from Manchester Airport so it makes perfect commercial sense for them to shirt and/or stadium sponsor a Manchester team. I think some some of our fans are paying a little too much attention to our increasingly jealous detractors.

Indeed. It doesn't get more state sponsored than Aeroflot.

Here's their route map, and I wonder who the 'Official Carrier of Manchester United' is?

1641615286057.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.