Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does feel like we might be getting to that point fairly soon, which is going to be a huge shock to the Club.

Big change coming when he does move on - we won’t see the likes of him again - so we need to make sure we enjoy it while it lasts!
If Pep didn't rate Raheem, he wouldn't have become such a central player under Pep.

We do need to enjoy our success while it lasts. It could die with this side. We need to remember that because a lot of blues are very complacent. That's why for me the most important thing for City to do is to extend the ground to get 60k regular match-going fans. That support to an extent underwrites the future.

If Pep didn't rate Raheem, he wouldn't have become such a central player under Pep.

We do need to enjoy our success while it lasts. It could die with this side. We need to remember that because a lot of blues are very complacent. That's why for me the most important thing for City to do is to extend the ground to get 60k regular match-going fans. That support to an extent underwrites the future.

Yeah - probably not the right thread for my post on reflection, as it wasn’t really anything to do with Raheem or his contract situation!

Completely agree on the second part of your post though. Whilst I’m not for a moment suggesting we’re in for a Ferguson/Wenger drop off after he goes, I do think there will be an inevitable period of disruption - and some players will probably move on as a result.

The total domination we’ve got used to will undoubtedly take a knock, but we’re way too well run as a Club - with power and decision making so well dispersed - that the kind of catastrophe we’ve seen at other clubs shouldn’t hit us anywhere near as hard.

If he carries on showing the form he's shown recently then it can only be good news. Raheem Sterling firing on all cylinders is an asset you'd certainly want to keep.

But the cynical side of me says there's been big problems between him and Pep. A bad run of form is one thing but 12-18 months of underperformance suggests something more deep-rooted.

It seems he's been the one unwilling to commit to us, and you therefore do wonder if there's been insufficient interest from the handful of clubs that could realistically attract him. But at the very least, a new contract protects our financial position.

Let's hope it's the start of a new era for him at City and that we can forget the recent past and see the Sterling that, for all his frustration, we know and love.

Last edited:
It does feel like we might be getting to that point fairly soon, which is going to be a huge shock to the Club.

Big change coming when he does move on - we won’t see the likes of him again - so we need to make sure we enjoy it while it lasts!
What indication of that do you have ? I've not seen any.

I think that its the greatest wishful thinking of some fans of other clubs, and I see no evidence of it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.