80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before his goal he had a chance to cross to McAtee but then decided not too.

In the moment I thought "oo mistake Palmer, should have crossed to your buddy, selfish"

Then later he scored, and I forgave it.

Then later he was interviewed and the person asked him this and Palmer said he saw the keeper come off his line and he would have covered the cross so McAtee understood why he didn't get the cross.

The fact he could see that in the moment so quickly is seriously impressive observation. He will make chances if they are worth taking, and backs himself to score if there is no pass. Highly intelligent.

thought the same initially as did Ally McCoist but there was an angle on one of the replays that showed the route to McAtee would have almost certainly been intercepted, if not by the keeper then definitely the covering defender

Agree entirely that he is a wonderful talent. So few players these days have the ability to dribble past players. Am also very intrigued by your theory that he is actually asleep during the game and will research this phenomenon further. Sorry mate...just couldn't stop myself from commenting on this haha!!
A player who can dribble is the answer to a Mourinho Bus Museum defensive set up!

He's a languid sort of player who seems to give me the notion that he is asleep whilst he's doing what he's doing, Or he might have the innate skill to play the game in his sleep. There never seems to be a game, first team or EDS, where he doesn't score a sublime goal. The one last night was just magnificent. The goal, no matter when it comes, just knocks the stuffing out of a defence. They see how easy it appears and then no surprise as soon as we went one up he had two defenders marking him! An immense talent.

Reminds me of Waddle, fortunately no mullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.