Manchester Low Emission Zone

@Corky are you saying that
a) pre pandemic manchester Airport made no money
b) if they did, the councils that make up greater manchester did not benefit from that money ?
my answer is yes they did to both but it was not invested in anything regarding travel
Council workers pension funds don't grow on trees I'll have you know.

If this truely was about clean air why don’t they say if your van doesn’t meet the required emissions you can not use it or does the £10 a day clean the air?
Quite obviously they're going to use this tax money collected to make public transport free through Greater Manchester, all electrified of course that's got to be the plan surely. It might be best not to hold my breath I suppose.

So how does it work ? They expect you to know where is chargeable ? How if you’re not local ?
we were a bit lost trying to find a pub before the game , didnt pay much notice to it thought it applied to the dual carriageway to are right . 3 weeks later £60 for not paying online .still we won !

Just another tax on thousands of small businesses, we cant afford to change our vans especially after the last two years. The big conpanies that can afford it will be fine. Burnham is completely out of touch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.