City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

any breakdown of the commercial revenue of 271m?

what type of things included in this other than standard sponsorship deals? like Etihad, Puma, Nissan etc.

I assume shirt sales and all merchandising but I doubt that would account for a lot like 10m+ or does it?

Going deep in the CL is the gift that keeps on giving, which is why Pep and the ownership are so desperate for continued (minimum) SF appearances, and possibly joining that elite number of teams to have won it!

City fans like to sniff at it, but it’s what separates the haves from have nots, and it gets wider with every year it happens.

Essentially it's the CL. Last season we got to the final, and they went out at the Group Stage. That's maybe worth a net £60m or more to us. And we continued to grow our commercial revenue whereas theirs dropped, possibly due to their CL failure. Their wages were something like £285m, compared to our £345m, suggesting they paid far less in bonuses, which would support my view that sponsors withheld income.

Also they'd normally report matchday revenue of £110m, compared to £55m for us. But neither club had any significant matchday income so that advantage was wiped out.

But given the difference between our revenue and theirs was more than £55m, then even that wouldn't have put them above us. Depending on how we and they do in the CL, they might or might not have the edge on us this financial year. But if they don't get top four, we'll be well ahead again in 2023.
City are also working had to build commercial revenue so even with crowds back, we may stay ahead of them and in the longer term we will continue to improve relative to them if the on field gap in performance stays anything like it has been for the last few years.

any breakdown of the commercial revenue of 271m?

what type of things included in this other than standard sponsorship deals? like Etihad, Puma, Nissan etc.

I assume shirt sales and all merchandising but I doubt that would account for a lot like 10m+ or does it?
No. There are some notes to the accounts but they just indicate how they are valued. There's no breakdown.

I think in the annual report it mentioned that commercial income had shown a small increase due to a small number of new partners.

Question for PB or anyone was Torres money in the accounts or will thry be next years?

also if we did dplash out on Kane would that have fucked us in the long run?

So when these cnuts start saying City spending £mmmmmm & Oil money bla bla bla its actually not its Man City spending there own income now after a very very successful season on & off the pitch
Surely next years accounts will be even better with this seasons results & new sponsorship from Dubai?
Now for our final piece of the jigsaw signing Haaland yes please

That’s interesting.
I’m sure the BBC website reported all European clubs except Bayern have made a loss.
Inconsistency somewhere….or just the usual bitter cunts…
Heard that this morning on the bbc too. So have they amended that Bayern-only line now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.