Religion

how much pious fraud are we attributing to the new testament in amongst all the scribal errors? as we know around 7 of pauls letters are forgeries
Here's a good one that is never spoken about. If the Bible was 'truth' then there could only be one version of it, not hundreds. There is said to be around a hundred versions in the English language alone [google search]. Meanwhile, the King James version which is the official version of the Church of England claims at it's beginning in the dedication to King James 1st of England that he was also the King of France. He was NEVER the King of France yet the Bible still claims it. So a lie is presented right at it's beginning.

Here's a good one that is never spoken about. If the Bible was 'truth' then there could only be one version of it, not hundreds. There is said to be around a hundred versions in the English language alone [google search]. Meanwhile, the King James version which is the official version of the Church of England claims at it's beginning in the dedication to King James 1st of England that he was also the King of France. He was NEVER the King of France yet the Bible still claims it. So a lie is presented right at it's beginning.
Someone mentioned early on in this thread that Religion is Political.
How many schisms are there in Christianity alone, down through the ages. It’s political.

I was brought up Catholic and you won’t ever catch me defending The Roman Catholics crimes through history.
But I find certain Protestant attitudes totally hypocritical.

How many in here would willingly and resolutely defend the crimes and atrocities through history of their Defender of The Faith.

Religion is man made and is political.

Faith doesn’t require religion, in
My humble opinion.

I wish I could show you
when you are lonely or in darkness
the astonishing light
of your own being.
Even After All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look What happens With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.
Fear is the cheapest room in the house.
I would like to see you
living in better conditions.”
― Hafez

he didn't like greedy rich people don't forget ;-)
What if he is not so much anti-rich as pointing something out? An idea that one might have a ‘richness’ that is mask for/reaction to a ‘poverty’ within. We might think of the richness as the solution to our lives but what if one learns to let go of the poverty and through this come to know a deeper state of abundance? Yet the source of this abundance will be found to be universal rather than your ego, so it will be difficult to use it to make yourself seem extra special, though this abundance might express itself through you in your own unique way.

What if he is not so much anti-rich as pointing something out? An idea that one might have a ‘richness’ that is mask for/reaction to a ‘poverty’ within. We might think of the richness as the solution to our lives but what if one learns to let go of the poverty and through this come to know a deeper state of abundance? Yet the source of this abundance will be found to be universal rather than your ego, so it will be difficult to use it to make yourself seem extra special, though this abundance might express itself through you in your own unique way.
no art as the quote says

And he said, “All these I have kept from my youth.” When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. Jesus, seeing that he had become sad, said, “How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

its quite specific and its meaning in a monetary way

no art as the quote says

And he said, “All these I have kept from my youth.” When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. Jesus, seeing that he had become sad, said, “How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

its quite specific and its meaning in a monetary way
And there are ideas that can be very specific that can then be applied in a general way. And attachments may be different for each person. There can then be compassion - and I speak as someone that knows how painful it can be to let go of attachments - even though I am aware it can lead to a deeper connection and states of harmony, flow, joy etc
Edit : there are spiritual paths that WILL bring up attachments, so one might seem worse of than before and it may seem unkind - but it will lead to deeper freedom and so being enter off than before, so can seem seen as truly compassionate rather than unkind. But I guess that may be puzzling if it hasn’t been experienced.

Last edited:
And there are ideas that can be very specific that can then be applied in a general way. And attachments may be different for each person. There can then be compassion - and I speak as someone that knows how painful it can be to let go of attachments - even though I am aware it can lead to a deeper connection and states of harmony, flow, joy etc
Edit : there are spiritual paths that WILL bring up attachments, so one might seem worse of than before and it may seem unkind - but it will lead to deeper freedom and so being enter off than before, so can seem seen as truly compassionate rather than unkind. But I guess that may be puzzling if it hasn’t been experienced.
you can read into it however you want and its entirely up to you
but its what was luke's intention when he wrote it is what counts, but as we don't have explanation from him/her then we have to go with what is wrote

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.