Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

Unimpressive overall performance with us looking more tired than them even though they played midweek. Kevs performance kind of encapsulated the whole thing by being largely average with one moment of brilliance with that great goal.

Tactically we got it spot on but i think some of our forward play was very wasteful. We could have been punished for being lax in possession a few times too. Was nice to see raz have great first half.

Sound like i'm moaning here but i'm actually thrilled overall! :P
Where’s the thumbs down button?

unimpressive ffs, chavs were in the palm of our hands, you know the European champions, 2nd in the league?

That was exceptional, again!

I thought we played well. Every player contributed hugely to the win. Great shift put in from the front 3 and the 3 in midfield. We were a bit careless at times and wasted a good few opportunities to break and put the game to bed but overall our game plan worked to (almost) perfection.

An excellent result and very good all round performance.

95 % champions, imo.

Very solid and professional performance. The players worked very hard. Some players were a bit rusty after covid/inguries, but we deserved the win.

We weren't at our very best today, but that may bode well for the season. Why be at our scintillating best in January? Better hit top form in April and May.

Who was that big lad up front for Chelsea? The one that never got a decent touch all game , you know that really expensive one that Tommys not keen on , nope name escapes me, just like how the ball escapes him !!
Didn’t he used to play for the rags? Must be rubbish then.

Just wow! Absolutely brilliant from the boys today. Sterling was my MoTM, albeit KDB wasn't too far behind him.

Over all we controlled vast swathes of the match against a very good Chelsea side. Honorary mentions to Cancelo & Bernardo in the 2nd half. John Stones was also commanding & his passing from the back bypassed Lukaku, finding Rodri, KDB & Bernardo in space which caused them all manner of grief.

Grealish was OK today, but misses like his are crucial in tight matches like today. Thankfully KDB settled it. To be honest, KDB, Sterling & Grealish looked fucked at the end of the match. I was crying out for Gundog to come on for Grealish & steady the midfield, pushing Foden out wide & KDB further forward as the false 9.

Regardless we did what was necessary, so it's onwards & upwards! :-)
Sterling showed us what he is capable of and in the same measure showed where his weaknesses are.

Ederson, had one big save to make and made it. 8/10

Walker, kept Ziyech quiet. 7/10
Stones, kept tabs on Lukaku and played well. 7/10
Laporte, won everything. My MOTM. 9/10
Cancelo, really classy as always. 8/10

Rodri, solid head today. 7/10
Bernardo, worked hard as always. 7/10
De Bruyne, looked worn out but then suddenly scored. 7/10

Sterling, pinned Alonso back and caused loads of problems. 8/10
Grealish, should have scored, was otherwise alright. 6/10
Foden, huffed and puffed but lacked quality imo. 5/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.