Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Just at home from the game and the atmosphere was shocking. I usually defend our atmosphere I’m always of the opinion that it is no worse than any other ground most of the time and that we turn it on when we need to against the big boys but that was very poor today considering it was against our title rival.
I don't think so. It was rocking in block 308 East Stand. The best I have seen for years for a 12.30pm kick-off.

Too many “spectators” at City and not enough “supporters”. I always sing at the match but invariably unless I’m near the chanters behind the goal and in East Stand corner im pretty much on my tod. Its strange why it’s frequently so flat but there must be a reason for it. Could it be the age demographic of our fan base, just a thought. We know that Liverpool is always pumpin but clubs like Newcastle, Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Spurs, Brentford ffs all generate a better atmosphere at home matches. Perplexing to say the least
Pumpin or pimping? That's what the media want you to believe. The reality is something totally different most of the time.

It was fine. Really good in spots. As good a 12.30 as I can remember, and they are shite on the whole. It was a tense, tight game, as shit as they were, and when the team made stuff happen the crowd responded. Chelsea fans had quiet spells, and sometimes I think City fans actually take seriously the "worst support" songs like they aren't sung up and down the country by every set of travelling supporters.

Too many “spectators” at City and not enough “supporters”. I always sing at the match but invariably unless I’m near the chanters behind the goal and in East Stand corner im pretty much on my tod. Its strange why it’s frequently so flat but there must be a reason for it. Could it be the age demographic of our fan base, just a thought. We know that Liverpool is always pumpin but clubs like Newcastle, Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Spurs, Brentford ffs all generate a better atmosphere at home matches. Perplexing to say the least
Liverpool is absolutely not "always pumpin". Don't believe the hype. Fuck me.

Around me the noise and atmosphere was probably the 2nd best I’ve known since I started sitting in the CBL1. There are more and more people beginning to make a noise now. In fact a couple of people were telling Tuchel and his coaches to get back in their technical area with me! :-)

It’s great to hear them all. Helps that there was practically a full house no matter what Begemptyhead says!! ;-) :-)

Last edited:
Haven't been to Liverpool for a bit, but the atmosphere has always been shit there.

Personally, don't care if someone is supporter or spectator. People should be able to watch the game the way they want to.

I'll worry about myself, everyone else (supporters and spectators) can do as they please.

Just at home from the game and the atmosphere was shocking. I usually defend our atmosphere I’m always of the opinion that it is no worse than any other ground most of the time and that we turn it on when we need to against the big boys but that was very poor today considering it was against our title rival.

Lol what?

I’m in 115. Was better than average today.

And Chelsea aren’t title rivals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.