Chelsea (H) - Post-Match Thread

Going down the stairs from SS3 after the game a Chelsea fan popped up at the barrier (he must have been on someone's shoulders) waving a 'CL Cup' & shouting something about the 'Euwopean Cap'.

What a small time **** he looked.
Came in numbers in the Friday night game in 80s

smashed all our windows in full members cup

and now they think waving balloons will get at us

When I saw them, my first thought was that they had been supplied by BT Sport to wind up the home support, but then I thought that they couldn't sink so low to show their hatred for the club.
I'm still not sure.
As for a European cup winning experience, I seem to remember us winning the same one as you have, the year before you did, in 1970.

In all seriousness, I have never met a single Chelsea fan who hates City. Annoyance? Yes. Dislike? Probably yes. But outright hatred? Not really. We don't consider you our rivals. Most of us prefer you lot winning the league, if its not us.

Are some elements of our fanbase going to rub the CL final in your faces when we play each other? That's a given and an expected part of football fandom. I mean both of our fanbases still get the very boring and totally original 'where were you when you were shit' chanted at us at every away ground. Liverpool fans have song their 'fuck off Chelsea FC you ain't got no history' song at us every game we've played for nearly 20 years. Fans will be fans and I'm certain if roles were reversed, we'd get it in the neck from elements within your fanbase. It is what it is.

As for the last point, you know very well we're not talking about the cup winners cup here :)

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I have never met a single Chelsea who hates City. Annoyance? Yes. Dislike? Probably yes. But outright hatred? Not really. We don't consider you our rivals. Most of us prefer you lot winning the league, if its not us.

Are some elements of our fanbase going to rub the CL final in your faces when we play each other? That's a given and an expected part of football fandom. I mean both of our fanbases still get the very boring and totally original 'where were you when you were shit' chanted at us at every away ground. Liverpool fans have song their 'fuck off Chelsea FC you ain't got no history' song at us every game we've played for nearly 20 years. Fans will be fans and I'm certain if roles were reversed, we'd get it in the neck from elements within your fanbase. It is what it is.

As for the last point, you know very well we're not talking about the cup winners cup here :)
Both clubs are very similar in many respects, and have a lot in common. I spent my 21st birthday there for the ECWC semi in 1971 (sober, to my eternal shame!), and we are both seen as the "ugly sisters" of the "history" clubs in our areas. That will never change, due to the tribal nature of the sport.
Until we win the Chimps League trophy, the goading will continue, but, hopefully, it won't be too long a wait for us.
The last point is a given, but it was your comment ( a European cup winning experience) which led to it. Clarity is vitally important in putting one's point across!
;-)

Chelsea had 7 touches in our area, 7 , that is there lowest for years and they are European Champions. First off then we didnt miss Dias, that is an amazing thing to write because any other PL side would miss there main man at the back. In fact Stones and Laporte were superb. Walker and Cancelo were also very good. My major concern playing Chelsea is they are great on the counter, we nullified them virtually every time, Lukaku chance apart (their one shot on target, great save Eddy) they ran down blind allies. Defensively today we were superb. Rodri has to get a lot of credit for that as he was immense in midfield, he controlled the game, Kante was invisible.

Raheem was back to his very best and gave them a torrid time, its great to see him full of confidence, he is after all top of the league. Jack kept them stretched and him and Raheem never let the Chelsea wing backs get forward, yes Jack missed that chance, but he is growing into the team and worked his arse off today.

Phil and Bernardo just did what they always do, they must be a nightmare to defend against, as they pop up in strange places and keep the ball so well, they are both a joy to watch.

Then there is Kev, just doing Kev stuff. I never thought i would see a better player than King Colin, Yaya pushed him close, Kev is now for me level with the King and I cannot give higher praise than that.

Its been a good day, I know Peo will not let complacency thrive in the camp, our lads look hungry and that delights me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.