10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He who mustn't be criticized.
He who must be always criticised. Jfc this thread stinks. Why do we always need a scapegoat? 13 points clear but the way some of you go on you’d think we were scraping top 10. We’ve been here before with Mahrez, Rodri and others - some people just never learn

JG ticks most of the boxes that pep favours, ball control, awareness and especially versatility. With the pace of the game being so fast, reactions have to be instinctive, and he is not quite there yet. Apart from Kun most of our signings have taken a while to reach full throttle, even David Silva, so for me it's far too early to write him off. 'aters gonna hate, of course, no surprise there, but he does not seem the type to let it bother him. I am not convinced that his most effective position is on the wing, but i have total belief in the manager to bring the best out of him.

Thought he was decent today. Another missed opportunity in front of goal, but otherwise sound performance in my book. He may not be roasting fullbacks and dazzling with wonder goals, but he retains possession, moves the ball forward and play doesn’t tend to break down when it’s at his feet. More to come.

Thought he was fine today.

Some of you cunts never learn. I’ll trust Pep’s judgement. Think he’s earned it.
He's a fantastic player. That's self evident. But he needs to miss fewer of those point blank chances.

I gave him a 5 on the back of that miss alone. In big games you gotta make big chances count.

Looking forward to his all out greatness

Kinda used as a target man, ball in from the cbs, mids have plenty of time to get up,and around him as he rarely loses it needlessly high up the pitch. Made some decent runs in behind early before they gave up and just sat deep. Interchanged with Kev in the left half space well when the did.

thought he was decent today.

When we are having the success we are having in the league, I get that people perhaps want to criticize any weak link.

Personally, as long as he isn’t costing us points, all I care about is him learning this system over the season.

I’ll truly judge him at the start of next season assuming he gets no big injuries.

But why can’t we comment on his bang average to below par form now?

Why do we all have to wait 12 months before we’re allowed to even pass comment on whether he’s been worth signing or not thus far?

You do realise most posters on here laying down this idea are the same laughing their bollocks off at Sancho et al failing at other clubs months into their tenure?

And I still don’t understand what’s so wrong with some to expect, actually, for once we get a handful of class games in Pep’s first year as a signing. At 26, I’d expect it.
Because hes being written off.
Yes hes below par but weve seen it time n time again. And im as guity at writing players off as anyone. But im learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.