Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian's position on City and our owner is a product of their 'ideology'. They are the voice of what we now call "the woke"; those who believe themselves to be tolerant of all faiths, sexualities, creeds and colours. The climate warriors and those seeking to remove traces of our colonial past. (I'm not criticising or mocking those people by the way.)

But here's where their problem is. In being impeccably tolerant, they have become intolerant of those who don't share those views. They celebrate diversity but simultaneously have a great aversion to elements of that diversity that conflict with their liberal, western, christian views. They will celebrate Islamic culture, for example, but reject elements of that culture that they celebrate that they don't like. LGBT rights is one good example. It's a part of a conservative religion but that doesn't count in the Guardian's eyes. Islam should be what the Guardian thinks it should be, not what it is.

You'll see many Guardian readers champion Hamas over Israel, yet Hamas is a determinedly illiberal organisation that rejects virtually everything the Guardian holds dear whereas Israel, for all its many faults, is the sort of liberal, inclusive (unless you're a Palestinian of course) democracy it champions.

It fails to recognise, despite the many failings of our own democracy, that sometimes autocracy, properly managed, has its benefits, particularly when it comes to avoiding major political instability.

It's for all these reasons that it ideologically hates our owner and his country. In being impeccably liberal, it's implicitly (and often explicitly) illiberal.
Good post except for the "Israel" bit.
The Guardian are champions of the Apartheid state, and push the myth of the only democracy in the middle east while condoning its atrocities.
I was banned twice for both standing for the Palestinian struggle, and for being a City fan that exposed their hypocritical pseudo-liberal bollocks and blatant Islamophobic bigotry -which, btw, extends explicitly towards our owners.

I find it so strange that the UK media doesn’t talk more about the fact that there was a contrast on the pitch yesterday: the entirety of Chelsea’s starting XI was foreign whereas more than half of ours was English. Or maybe it was talked about and I missed. But it speaks to the decision-making and mentality behind the clubs

I find it so strange that the UK media doesn’t talk more about the fact that there was a contrast on the pitch yesterday: the entirety of Chelsea’s starting XI was foreign whereas more than half of ours was English. Or maybe it was talked about and I missed. But it speaks to the decision-making and mentality behind the clubs
Actually 5 out of 11, but your point is still valid

All of them (Ronay, Liew, Delaney, Wilson, Conn, etc etc) will routinely throw in a little sugar, partly with the aim of creating the illusion of fair-mindedness and partly because to deny the quality of City’s football would be utterly absurd.
However, if you think their intentions and sentiment toward us are born of anything other than calculating spite, then it’s you that needs to gain a little perspective. These people are part of a co-ordinated and deliberate policy to undermine us at every opportunity and to a man they would relish the ruination of our club. They’re absolute cnuts. Never forget it
I think or rather i hope most of us can see this but, then I see at numerous times each season smoke being blown up Neville's arse after he says something 'un bad' about us.

Fuck off MOTD, those highlights made it look like an even match - BBC wankers!
Not watched it yet and from the comments probably not bother.

It's quite a regular pattern though that I watch highlights on MOTD and I wonder which parallel universe I'd been in earlier in the day as the game coverage bears no resemblance to what I watched earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.