United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen that thread too, read through it. Some of them are still in the denial phase, others have reached acceptance. The former think they are in transition for the 123885th time and that somehow this time it will be different. I mean Rome showed progress, they didn't build a monument, then tear it down, and rebuild an even shitter one in its place, as far as I am aware. Taking one step forward and two steps back.

More intelligent, clued up posters in that thread are saying they're finished for the foreseeable future and it will be decades before they become a dominant force again, if ever, but generally some of them genuinely believe all it takes is a new manager like Ten Haag, a couple of better centre mids and some time and patience and they'll be up there with you. They seriously live in la la land, and if they think a couple of genuinely talented midfielders to replace McFred are going to transform their entire team dynamic and way of playing, they're even more deluded than I thought. I don't wanna give them any ideas but they have to rip up their entire ethos as a club which prides itself on 'fast counter attacking football', and bring themselves into the modern era where pressing and possession are king. Stopping saying that Pep plays boring football would be a start - you can't even begin to emulate something if you don't respect it first. Of course, by the time they manage to become a possession team it will be 2030 and counter attacking will be the dominant style again anyway, lol, so they're fucked either way.

Ive always thought it was Pep’s Barcelona team that started the rot all those years ago.
The pisstank knew his kick & run tactics were dying on its ass and it’s been a steady decline ever since.

Ive always thought it was Pep’s Barcelona team that started the rot all those years ago.
The pisstank knew his kick & run tactics were dying on its ass and it’s been a steady decline ever since.

Lol aye, I think that too. Pep at Barca brought in the possession and pressing style (along with influence from German football too) and United never recovered. If we were still playing 90s era PL football they might still be relevant and winning things. No wonder they hate Pep ha.

Remember the 2009 final? Before the game, Barca weren't established as the all-time great team they were thought of by the time of the 2011 final yet, and everyone was predicting United to win easily. When the game started other than a quick ten minutes out of the blocks, after that United's donkeys looked absolutely clueless how to stop Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi running rings round them. They were shellshocked.

I still get a good laugh at how 'Greatest Manager of All Time' Alex Ferguson's tactical masterclass to stop Barca in 2011 was emptying the midfield (which only had old man Giggs and Carrick against Barca's three and Messi dropping from a false 9 position) to accommodate a useless poacher in Hernandez, the likes of one-dimensional striker Barca had been dealing with with ease all season. Of course Cuntarito was absolutely invisible and United got absolutely annihilated. The greatest manager of all time, folks! FFS I am not even a professional manager and even I burst out laughing when I seen the team he picked. They'd have lost either way but Ferguson made it soooo easy for Barcelona. Idiot.

Last edited:
Do any blues here (obviously there is) know a youngster of around 6 or 7 years old that could hold a small banner up in a prominent position in the ground ?
The message should say something on the lines of , to our silent nieghbours....Not in my lifetime !
It would boil some piss and the camera's would pick it out eventually I'm sure

After watching the EDS game last night i can confirm that their club is rotten to the core.They have fallen so far behind us,in every respect,that i just dont see how they can recover anytime soon.

Whoever is running the shithole is genuinely the gift that keeps giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.