I,'ll never back lukaku again on BM.
Other posters were right.
'Useless lump".
Embarrassing.

I,'ll never back lukaku again on BM.
Other posters were right.
'Useless lump".
Embarrassing.
When people imply that goalscorers are the best players in a team and stats are all that matters (rookie football fan mistake), one of the many examples of a counterpoint to that logic is that Lukaku has far more goals for Belgium than Kevin de Bruyne or (pre decline) Eden Hazard.

When people imply that goalscorers are the best players in a team and stats are all that matters (rookie football fan mistake), one of the many examples of a counterpoint to that logic is that Lukaku has far more goals for Belgium than Kevin de Bruyne or (pre decline) Eden Hazard.
I didn't imply that lukaku was the best player at either Chelsea or Belgium...so not sure where you are going with that...
I,m certainly no rookie football fan....
Stats do matter,course they do.
I remember when Ronnie Moore was playing striker for Charlton decades back..he hadn't scored for something like 30 matches..the home fans were so pissed off ,in self depreciation they took to wearing badges.." I saw Ronnie Moore Score"
No goals in 30 matches...stats do matter.

I didn't imply that lukaku was the best player at either Chelsea or Belgium...so not sure where you are going with that...
I,m certainly no rookie football fan....
Stats do matter,course they do.
I remember when Ronnie Moore was playing striker for Charlton decades back..he hadn't scored for something like 30 matches..the home fans were so pissed off ,in self depreciation they took to wearing badges.." I saw Ronnie Moore Score"
No goals in 30 matches...stats do matter.
Sorry, I wasn't attacking you. Just making a general point.

And stats matter but they're far from the most important thing. Otherwise Lampard and Gerrard would be better than Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Modric, Redondo and Nedved, Ronaldo would be better than Messi, Gerd Muller better than Maradona and Beckenbauer etc. And as much as people on here love them both, many here prefer David Silva to Sergio Aguero. Stats obsessives would rate Aguero as twice the player.

My point is that yes, stats matter. But there's far more to a footballer than how many goals he scores. Especially in this era where poachers like Inzaghi , Van Nistelrooy, Hernandez, Lukaku and the current version of Cuntaldo just don't cut the mustard.

A team should be about maximising every player to help the team play good football and win. It shouldn't be about getting someone as many goals as possible with no regard for the health of the team or how it impacts the other players, unless that actually makes the team better. In this era it rarely does. Maybe Bayern with Lewa but they're a well-oiled machine.

Another team who like to cheat the paying public wasting time all game....1 min first half added by Pawson who was complicit.

I expected better from a team who were supposedly challengers.

Chelsea have won 4 league games in 12. That's a terrible run.

IMO TT is too tactically committed to making CFC defensively watertight, and he neglects the offensive side of the game. You can say Lukaku played poorly but any striker would have struggled playing up front for Chelsea yesterday.

IMO TT is too tactically committed to making CFC defensively watertight, and he neglects the offensive side of the game. You can say Lukaku played poorly but any striker would have struggled playing up front for Chelsea yesterday.

I think a partial explanation is that period in December where we were decimated by injuries/covid. It's no surprise, to me at least, that since we've started to get our key players back we've beaten Spurs twice and quite frankly played Liverpool off the park. We'll be fine in the coming weeks I think. We'll start picking up wins again.

Agree when we went one up chelsea then committed more players in attack and looked a lot more threatening(fancy that) chelsea have wonderful footballers just think how pep would set them up it Wouldn’t be a parked bus team.

I so hope our next manager is not a moaning parked bus one more in the image of pep?!

Don’t know much about Erik ten Hag but what his personality like how is with the media?

Another team who like to cheat the paying public wasting time all game....1 min first half added by Pawson who was complicit.

I expected better from a team who were supposedly challengers.
Was pointing to his watch when Ederson was taking a kick at the end but did nothing about Kepa all game.
At least they are all consistently shit about how they apply the laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.