Winning and unbeaten runs

BringBackSwales

Posting this from memory so correct me where I get the years wrong, but some great winning and unbeaten runs over the last few years,

21/22 still going strong

20/21 I think was about 28 games unbeaten?

19/20 was it something like 14 league wins on the run at the end of the season to win the league by a point?

17/18 pretty sure we had a huge winning run that season?

11/12 winning the last 6 games with a high goal difference swing to pip the cunts on goal difference

Also was it 13/14 when we won the last 4 or 5 to win the league under Pellers, even though the dippers had already won the league a few games earlier

What a fucking era. I first went to a match in 1963 but the only big unbeaten run I can remember in that time apart from the current era was something like 17 games unbeaten under Tony Book, ending at Bristol City.

Some mindblowingly astonishing achievements

It’s hard to actually realise how amazing we are whilst we’re living through it. Four seasons out of the last five we’ve had winning runs in the league of more than ten matches.

For me the 18/19 run in will always be the best. To be under the pressure from January of knowing we had to win every game and to keep doing it right to the end whilst also winning every domestic cup game was absolutely unbelievable.

Posting this from memory so correct me where I get the years wrong, but some great winning and unbeaten runs over the last few years,

21/22 still going strong

20/21 I think was about 28 games unbeaten?

19/20 was it something like 14 league wins on the run at the end of the season to win the league by a point?

17/18 pretty sure we had a huge winning run that season?

11/12 winning the last 6 games with a high goal difference swing to pip the cunts on goal difference

Also was it 13/14 when we won the last 4 or 5 to win the league under Pellers, even though the dippers had already won the league a few games earlier

What a fucking era. I first went to a match in 1963 but the only big unbeaten run I can remember in that time apart from the current era was something like 17 games unbeaten under Tony Book, ending at Bristol City.

Some mindblowingly astonishing achievements
From memory it was " 16 games without defeat,Man City cannot be beat"!!
The 17th was the defeat by Bristol City at Ashton Gate in 1977.
I was at that game,so I'm 99% sure I am correct!!

Longest winning run in all competitions: 21

19th December 2020 – 2nd March 2021 (all games won over 90 minutes)

(national record)

Longest winning run in the league: 18

26th August 2017 – 27th December 2017

(national record shared)

Longest winning run in UEFA competitions: 7

9th December 2020 – 4th May 2021

(record by an English team)

I
I was at the Bristol city game and we definitely ended the run there, just couldn’t remember if it was 17th or 18th game mate

we've won 42 of our last 52 league games. Combining our winning runs last season and this season between the 2 means in the past year we've won 27 successive games. Excluding our blip around the end of last season and the start of this season, out of those 52 games we've won 36 out of 40 in the core part of the season. It's only really that run of defeats towards the end of last season that's been a meaningful dent in our run.

I was there that day but I thought we drew.

I

I was at the Bristol city game and we definitely ended the run there, just couldn’t remember if it was 17th or 18th game mate
I thought we had got a draw that day but just checked and it was the season after that ended 2-2. Just had a look at how many games since defeat and it was only 14, I would of put money on it being 16.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.