******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
answer to the 2nd part of the question

central contracts are a big issue and you have to be on the list to play for england at all levels
the problem maybe is root and the coaches and the ECB think the batsman are good enough to play for england because they get chance after chance ?

Eoin Morgan should have been named captain of all forms of cricket at the time when he was named ODI captain
but was only give a short space of time to find his feet at test match cricket
I see you've managed to find another wrong tree to bark up. For starters you *dont* have to be on the list to represent England, unless you think Hameed has been picking up money during his 4 years in the wilderness?
Central contracts in isolation are not an issue, let alone a big one. Much like the captaincy it only becomes one because we are obviously not producing players, particularly batsmen, of sufficient quality.
You say closed shop I say revolving door. Take Bairstow and Buttler for example. In and out either as a batter or keeper batter with spells as neither. If either one of them (preferably both) had nailed down a consistent spot over the 8/9 years they've been around the set up we'd have 2 realistic alternatives to Root.
Morgan was pigeonholed as a white ball player way too soon, and a few years before his captaincy prowess came to the fore, so spare me the hindsight card. That came after a desperate run of form at Test level which would have had you reaching for your pitchfork .. much like you are doing with the current lot.

your spot on
and sadly we know nothing going to change and root will remain captain and even the coach will not be sacked
the ECB have treated test cricket so bad in the past 7 years. i think it can not be fixed or will take 10 years from grass roots to come through again ? but that needs lots of money and lots of noses being put out of joint that think they are good at their jobs

the simple thing about the ashes down under is that it never changes ? the views of the ECB is to send over swing and part time spin knowing what is needed to compete with them.

mark woods is the only bowler i would have took and he is never fit ? archer also can never get fit for test cricket
i keep banging on about what sort of bowlers we are trying to produce in england for overseas tours ? and don't get me started on spinners or part time ones
Plenty of money being generated ive just paid 150 quid for day at 3 at Lords this summer x2.As for bowlers as u say swing and seam as we play 4 day cricket in spring and autumn.

Anyone else watching the under 19s struggling in the World Cup vs Bangladesh ?
Whoops just seen they are chasing 98 to win
England’s no3 has an average of Nine in 11 innings with a TS of 22.

Plenty of money being generated ive just paid 150 quid for day at 3 at Lords this summer x2.As for bowlers as u say swing and seam as we play 4 day cricket in spring and autumn.

but fast bowlers can still bowl in them conditions ask the aussies when they come over ?
the ECB will keep banking the money from advance tickets sales and know fans will still pay and come and watch the summer cricket even if they do nothing after a very poor ashes

maybe if the people stopped turning up and say enough of jimmy and broad and part time spinners we want change then the ECB will panic and change in a flash

but fast bowlers can still bowl in them conditions ask the aussies when they come over ?
the ECB will keep banking the money from advance tickets sales and know fans will still pay and come and watch the summer cricket even if they do nothing after a very poor ashes

maybe if the people stopped turning up and say enough of jimmy and broad and part time spinners we want change then the ECB will panic and change in a flash
Good point about the aussies when they come here they make a game of it .When we go there and India it looks like we are playing on the moon.

Do you think the majority of people who go to test matches care who is playing?

It iis just another event like the Darts or City away at Bournemouth where people come along with no great interest in the sport to sing Sweet Caroline.

The players didn't want to go to the Test Series in Australia, and there was no preparation, what do you expect?

Get all that so your saying no captain can win a game of his captaincy when in the field?!
Good question. I'd say due to the pace of the game that the shorter the format, the more on field ' innovative' captaincy gains relevence, hence the hindsight pick of Morgan.
In Test cricket I'm not so sure. I can definitely think of a scenario where a captain 'lost' a test in recent times. Tim Paine at Headingley in 2019.

Root not being captain won’t sort this mess out ......... Broad and Anderson are more or less done with then what ?????
We either put all our efforts into the test game or go with the on day or 20/20 version we sadly cannot have both :( and sadly now the one day version probably brings more money in ........ take away the ashes and you ain’t got much going for the test game .
I feel for root is it is his fault that these lot just ain’t up to it ???

Root not being captain won’t sort this mess out ......... Broad and Anderson are more or less done with then what ?????
We either put all our efforts into the test game or go with the on day or 20/20 version we sadly cannot have both :( and sadly now the one day version probably brings more money in ........ take away the ashes and you ain’t got much going for the test game .
I feel for root is it is his fault that these lot just ain’t up to it ???
The trouble is our captain is our best batter.
It’s been mentioned several times but our 4 day game doesn’t even get played at the height of summer any more.
Even the 50 over is being relegated to a second X1 tournament if last year is a thing to go by.
Cricket must come back to free to air too and get rid of that monster 100 farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.