Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...so Rooney is an actual possibility????

Yes. Doing great at Derby under the circumstances but its a completely different kettle of fish in the PL.

To be honest though, we have tried every type of manager going, progressive, young, firefighter, big names, big reputations and its been a disaster - no manager is a guaranteed success. Whoever we get will be a risk, we just need it to pay off

People going about Martinez being the next best coach. Not a chance. They need to aim much higher.

Not about aiming higher for me. Its the been there done it, got sacked that I have huge doubts about.

His first season was superb but that was the remenants of Moyes. His last half season was shocking and he was bombed out. It would be another very divisive appointment at a time when we need to stick together.

Club has to many chefs all vying for power

Graham Potter is excellent, unfortunately for us we dont have the players for his style and im not sure he would get the time he needs to implement it. I cant see him leaving a comfortable job at Brighton to come here looking at the rate of managers we go through.

Also it seems like Brightons DoF Ashworth and the recruitment team is responsible for a lot of their good signings. We would have to try to bring the lot to Goodison.
Why not, Everton are a much bigger club than Brighton.

Why not, Everton are a much bigger club than Brighton.

Of course we are but we are in an absolute mess. Why would he take a chance coming here when he can see what goes on? He is building something there so im not sure he would risk that unless a bigger, more stable club come along.

I have said, we dont have the players for his style. He would need a couple of years to implement it plus im not entirely sure he is responsible for their quality signings

Of course we are but we are in an absolute mess. Why would he take a chance coming here when he can see what goes on? He is building something there so im not sure he would risk that unless a bigger, more stable club come along.

I have said, we dont have the players for his style. He would need a couple of years to implement it plus im not entirely sure he is responsible for their quality signings

Fair enough, But you could argue that there's a limit to what he can build at Brighton. It will also take a couple of seasons for any manager to turn things arround. What actually are the options for this bigger and more stable club? Everton will stay up this season so he would get more time anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.