Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

We can create a good atmosphere; "stand up for the champions" has people joining in from all areas, but it happens too infrequently.
You have to stand up otherwise you can’t see the game! We’re not joining in, really!

Seriously though, do you not hear the moans around you? “Oh bloody hell!”, “Not again!”.
A few near me refuse to stand, some even shout “sit down” or more like “siddaaaaarrn!”.

And not very spontaneous, like Bayern with their orchastrated singing. I hate that there is no emotion to it all. All very fake if you ask me. I’m too wrapped up in the game to be singing all match.
Yes the German clubs will see themselves as having more passionate fan bases. They might be right ot

in Italy, fans who go in the Singing Sections are called out if they make no effort to contribute to the atmosphere. That’s a very different football culture and it’s hard to say who is right and who wrong.

it’s up to every individual what they do or do not contribute to the atmosphere but some organisation seems to help.

Grow tf up. He’s a blue with an opinion that you don’t agree with, get over it. calling him a Scousers is a weak as piss.
Scouser I know was bemoaning the atmosphere at Anfield yesterday. Said it’s shocking unless it’s a huge game in the champs league and there was an eerie silence that affected the players.

You have to stand up otherwise you can’t see the game! We’re not joining in, really!

Seriously though, do you not hear the moans around you? “Oh bloody hell!”, “Not again!”.
A few near me refuse to stand, some even shout “sit down” or more like “siddaaaaarrn!”.
I see lots of people standing up to continue seeing the game and a small proportion (including me) join the singing, but I've not noticed anybody complaining about it. And I'm in a section where the average age is old enough to have been alive when Spurs won the league. - And I can made ageist remarks as I'm 64.

Every single home ground in the country, bar absolutely none, have poor atmospheres at home. By the same token every club 'can' create a top atmosphere in one off games we are by no means the worst nor the best at this sometimes we can be ridiculously loud sometimes we can be shite.

12.30 kick off on a Saturday is never ever going to help, 3000 away fans have been on the piss for 4 hours whereas 2 hours before the game most of us lot were running round at our kids football desperately trying to throw a bacon butty down our necks before setting off to the game.

This season our away atmospheres have been great and our home ones nowhere near the worst, for anyone waffling on about the famous Anfield atmosphere you definitely didnt visit there in October (or most of our other recent visits) because they were absolutely shite and as much as they're loathe to admit it playing us at home is the game that has most bearing on how their season is going to go.

Season ticket holder on and off since 1973 you Bell End. I was only 10 when I first started so had to be in the Kippax by 1.30pm to get a place on the front wall cos I couldn’t see the match otherwise. Been to most away grounds in Prem and plenty in Championship. Champs League away games at Napoli (700 Blues) , Gladbach, Seville, Roma, Barca, Real M, Ajax, Celtic. Next question or Is that Blue enough for you, knob Head.
Got a couple of digs in there mate - Bell End, 700 at Napoli

Spurs new £1 billion stadium, and the 17,500 capacity standing South stand behind the goal certainly hasn't bettered the old White Hart Lane atmosphere. And it hasn't helped to create more home chants other than, "Come on you Spurs", "Oh when the Spurs go marching in" and "Yids."(repeat) It has stopped City from scoring at the new White Hart Lane, though. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.