Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit:

Has to be about the most dishonest, specious load of bollocks I can remember reading in quite while. Our player retention is second to none.
Ken Early needs to find a time portal and return to the 70s/80s where the game was played at 100 miles an hour and possession was only retained for three seconds by keepers who then hoofed the ball upfield as far as possible.

Forget his bitter cheap jibes the only fact proven in his piece is that he has failed to come to terms with the modern game. It may be dull playing out and keeping the ball but it’s the way of things now till the game evolves again.

He’s another imbecile whose coping mechanism against our brilliance is cheap shots and clickbait points. As a journalist he should be ashamed of his bottom dwelling bias. Bet he’s a red.

Garth Crook's team of the week.
Comment in Chelsea game just before we scored:

"At this point in the match there was precious little difference between the teams and for my money a draw would have been a very fair result"

Really???
Chelsea had one shot on target the whole game!!

Also how does the Aston Villa player, Jacob Ramsey not get in his team but Coutinho, who was only on for 22 mins, gets in the team. Crazy stuff.

It’s the same way in which Arsenal battered us with 29% possession and less shots on goal/target the week before.

They literally make the shit up to suit.

How long will it take the morons in the media to understand that most of our players can play in multiple positions and that is the secret of our success. We have a very small but versatile squad. We don't even have a striker.
They only bother about that part when we fail to score on the very odd occasion and then it becomes a super relevant topic for everybody in planet media.

Ken Early needs to find a time portal and return to the 70s/80s where the game was played at 100 miles an hour and possession was only retained for three seconds by keepers who then hoofed the ball upfield as far as possible.

Forget his bitter cheap jibes the only fact proven in his piece is that he has failed to come to terms with the modern game. It may be dull playing out and keeping the ball but it’s the way of things now till the game evolves again.

He’s another imbecile whose coping mechanism against our brilliance is cheap shots and clickbait points. As a journalist he should be ashamed of his bottom dwelling bias. Bet he’s a red.

He's the sort of **** that would have moaned about the football played by the Brazilian and Dutch national teams in the 70s. Zero appreciation of football as an art-form.

Not 100% sure, no. It's just an impression I got from his numerous writings.

Like in his latest article "How Man City changed the way you win the league" where he comes out with "Liverpool’s dominance was in such a different football world in terms of finances that it almost has no relevance." while still having a slight dig at Utd.

I might be wrong.

Hi, looked it up after I posted and it was an anthology called "Deepest Red" which is described as "a unique collection of writing about the myth, madness and glory of Manchester United". I haven't bought it to see what he wrote though.

He's the sort of **** that would have moaned about the football played by the Brazilian and Dutch national teams in the 70s. Zero appreciation of football as an art-form.
WC Final 1970. Jair lashed in a great goal after a passing movement in which almost every member of the team played a part. It started in the left back position, iirc, and was finished by the right winger. Proper football.
EDIT. Just looked it up. Carlos Alberto was the scorer. Jair did score a great goal too!

Last edited:
'This clinical chloroforming of Chelsea . . . felt better? . . . than the deliciously unjust 2-1 victory at Arsenal, with the 93rd-minute winner by Rodri? Most'

God they're hurting, I hope we go on to win it by 20.
What a ridiculous piece that is, shocking journalism, very salty suggesting watching the Rags is better than our games, pathetic.

Funny how yooman rights only comes into it when we’re talking about brown people.

Imagine if the USA happened to be in the Middle East with their record of institutional racism, police brutality, state corruption, conservative religious fanaticism, national obsession with weapons, a recent president who tried to incite a coup after he was voted out, a history of intelligence services dark ops kidnap and torture on foreign soil, etc etc

Would American owners been tarred with the same brush? Probably.

The “oil money” “gulf state” tropes are lazy racist slurs and they need calling out as such.

Strangely, the BBC mods removed an almost identical comment I made on one of their football articles about City a while back. Yet none of the poorly spelled City bingo from the uneducated and unwashed sheep were removed. Not like the BBC to be racist and have an agenda is it. Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.