City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

For those interested, The Swiss Ramble analysis is out -

Some very interesting figures in there.

Were our wages not over a 13-month period, no?

Which would make a helluva a big difference to the claim we are paying the biggest wages?

There is also a bit of a convenient trope about our record revenue in comparison to United's, citing the fact the shit tip being empty for last season has distorted the gap to the tune of £100m?

I'd suggest the £40m (98% drop) we all suffered in loss of gate money means we would still probably be ahead next year when it is next factored?

Along with the player sales included of Torres £55m, Nmecha £11m, Harrison £12m, Angelino £18m and Sancho clause £14m - £110m.

If anything, the gap will be even greater, as United can't sell anyone of note.

Which would make a helluva a big difference to the claim we are paying the biggest wages?

There is also a bit of a convenient trope about our record revenue in comparison to United's, citing the fact the shit tip being empty for last season has distorted the gap to the tune of £100m?

I'd suggest the £40m (98% drop) we all suffered in loss of gate money means we would still probably be ahead next year when it is next factored?

Along with the player sales included of Torres £55m, Nmecha £11m, Harrison £12m, Angelino £18m and Sancho clause £14m - £110m.

It was a couple or more seasons since they moved the accounting period forward a month so it would have been just for the 12 month period. That said (as said above somewhere) there would have been win bonuses and such brought forward due to the Covid break, plus bonuses for all the extra games we play going deep in every competition.

Bruce being sacked is almost worth noting in the united accounts. The amount of over priced dross they’ve sold to likes of Bruce and Keane over the years must be very helpful for their books.

Wages will be 12 months as players are on monthly pay like anyone else, but it will include any performance related bonuses paid on games played after the covid break and at the end of the 19/20 season as the only “one-off” addition to a normal year. I doubt these were that big but genuinely no idea.

Id say the wages number is pretty representative and will stay around the same level next year.

On revenue, yes suspect we could still be ahead of united in next accounts but it will be much closer. Depends on CL performances and how far each team gets really.

Player sales profits dont hit revenue as its not a true reflection of what the club primary function is. They just go through as “other income”

Makes you realise making a profit is a waste of time for these clubs. Any profit made is taxable and shows you’ve not maximised your investments to get that extra 1% on the pitch.
City profit £2m
Bayern profit £2m
Madrid profit £1m

Maximise your revenue and spend it on your squad. Clearly these 3 are the ones getting it right in their leagues
I would imagine our accumulated losses since the takeover would negate any CT being paid for the foreseeable future.

I grew up in Moos Side and went drinking in my local (The Claremont) as well as the Lord Lyon, Parkside, Sherwood etc. in the 1980s and all the old-timers could never agree on the amount he drank before a game (never less than 4) but they invariably said it was the Lord Lyon he drank in. But as you say, he may well have got about a bit. By the way, there were lots of stories about his extra-curricular activities. Seems he was a bit of a lad.
My Grandad definitely quoted the 4 pints. Maybe Roy thought it would be a bit unprofessional to have any more?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.