Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldstein on talkSPORT asked a ridiculously leading question as to whether Rooney’s season at Derby would surpass Pep’s at City this season even if we win the title, were Rooney to keep Derby up which would be, according to Daft Andy, “one of the greatest achievements in the history of football”
Without the points deductions, they would be joint 11th place, with 35 points. Fulham are top with 54 points. Hardly Manager of the Year material.

Goldstein on talkSPORT asked a ridiculously leading question as to whether Rooney’s season at Derby would surpass Pep’s at City this season even if we win the title, were Rooney to keep Derby up which would be, according to Daft Andy, “one of the greatest achievements in the history of football”
It would be some achievement to be fair.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He has allowed his head to be consumed so much by all things City he is completely obsessed with us.

that means he has lost any sense of objectivity - which is a key skill of a good journo

the mental gymnastics he must do criticising city fans on human right whilst choosing to TAKE MONEY from his Saudi owners must consume him too

He seems a nice lad. I hope he finds some peace
I’d be more than happy to give the **** eternal peace, it’s the least I could do for such a nice lad..!

It’s a tremendous achievement & one that should be rewarded with a big job & no bigger than the theatre of dreams. In fact with Stevie G likely to take the reins at Anfield, famous nights under the lights & all that I can see the giddyometer exploding, romance, history, greatest rivalry in football………

Oh please make it happen.

They aren't there anymore, but I always want people to remember the time that somebody (almost certainly Miguel Delaney) started a fake Twitter account as a City fan the night before the CAS announcement, declaring that CAS had ruled in UEFA's favour as part of his inside information. And when challenged on it he made an attempt to validate his City fan credentials, including describing himself as a 'Top Bert'
I told him exactly why the chance of the ban being overturned was very high, explaining in great detail how I knew the money for the Etihad deal had come from central Abu Dhabi funds.

He told me I was wrong and that CAS would uphold the ban. So I asked him to tell me why I was wrong and his retort was "because my confidential sources told me". Utter cretin.

Fully agree with this.

Delaney is allowing himself to be defined and completely consumed by the narrative he has created around this. He is a professional journalist but at the moment his behaviour and conduct is one of an activist.

It's a nuanced and complex issue but there should be a clear distinction between journalism and activism. Either way, Delaney is acting in an erratic and highly-emotional way so you have to worry that his professional life is affecting him personally.

When you look at the volume of tweets he sends, and also the times they are sent, it suggests very little boundary between his personal and work life. That simply can't be good for anyone's mental health no matter what job or sector you work in.
When a cause becomes your job, the cause itself can all too easily evaporate and your focus is on keeping the problem going - because without it, you are obsolete.

I told him exactly why the chance of the ban being overturned was very high, explaining in great detail how I knew the money for the Etihad deal had come from central Abu Dhabi funds.

He told me I was wrong and that CAS would uphold the ban. So I asked him to tell me why I was wrong and his retort was "because my confidential sources told me". Utter cretin.
Did he then block you or is that a stupid question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.