Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the little snippets I'd seen, it looked like an unusually critical piece from Hughes, but having just looked at the article I notice one of his key bullet points says "it is clear that Liverpool had no motive to get the game called off" which makes me think he has been spoon fed it by their media team. Looks like incompetence rather than cheating is the angle they're going for, but it's scarcely credible.
They can push whatever angle they want at his point because the authorities didn't call for an investigation. Instead they just swept it under the carpet. And imagine my surprise when the various media outlets essentially just gave them a free pass.

From the little snippets I'd seen, it looked like an unusually critical piece from Hughes, but having just looked at the article I notice one of his key bullet points says "it is clear that Liverpool had no motive to get the game called off" which makes me think he has been spoon fed it by their media team. Looks like incompefence rather than cheating is the angle they're going for, but it's scarcely credible.
Now I think about it, it's all probably quite innocent really.
  • Liverpool players twice test negative using Lateral Flow Tests
  • Despite that, they engage a local lab (rather than the EFL approved one)
  • Said lab has a Liverpool director's daughter as its Commercial Manager
  • While they're carrying out the tests, Liverpool request a postponement of their Carabao Cup semifinal first leg, before they even know the test results
  • The postponement is granted by the EFL
  • The EFL's Chief Executive just happens to be a Liverpool fan and former CEO of theirs
  • Sure enough, the tests mostly come back positive
  • Those results are subsequently found to be incorrect
  • Their two best forwards just happen to be away on international duty
It seems to be an unfortunate chain of circumstances & they're not really the bunch of lying, cheating bastards we originally assumed they were.

I hope those few posters who were aggressively defending them feel just a bit embarrassed reading this.

Of course the media are burrowing deep and leaving no stone unturned in their quest to discover a link to a mass of false positive tests. We all know that they will be "legalled out of it" to quote the Mirror.

Seems as though The Athletic today have established BioGrad did the testing for Liverpool...

Feel free to let them know who the Commercial Manager is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.