Running thread

Cheers. Don't feel like I've achieved much today as there was definitely more walking than running, but I guess I've got to start somewhere!
Well done mate - we all had to start somewhere. My running journey started about four years ago as part of a fitness and weight loss effort. I peaked at 17 stone, and now fluctuate around the 13 stone mark. I really enjoy my running.

I was intending to wait until my weight dropped down to 15st before I attempted any running, but it's been 2-3 pounds above this for a month or so now, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
Just run / walked my normal 60.minute walk in 49 minutes. Guess I've got to start somewhere, and the walking & swimming for the last 8 months has definitely helped!
That's brilliant mate! Keep up the good work.

Well done mate - we all had to start somewhere. My running journey started about four years ago as part of a fitness and weight loss effort. I peaked at 17 stone, and now fluctuate around the 13 stone mark. I really enjoy my running.

I was 18 stone this time last year, but have lost just under 3 stone to date through a combination of swimming & walking. Hopefully slowly ramping up the running will accelerate the process.

Having been diagnosed with anaemia, I underwent colonoscopy and upper endoscopy last week. Not pleasant, and the pre-op procedures are as bad if not worse. Everything inside was fine, meaning there is no internal bleeding or other issues causing loss of blood.

My course of iron tablets finished two weeks ago. My running since then has been fine, so hopefully my iron levels are back to normal, but I suppose the next few months will be telling.

I'm running from 5km To 10km, between two to six times a week at the moment. 10km today, and it was really enjoyable. My legs and body were tired after it, but my breathing was good, and my heart rate averaged 141, which classes as an aerobic workout.

I was 18 stone this time last year, but have lost just under 3 stone to date through a combination of swimming & walking. Hopefully slowly ramping up the running will accelerate the process.

Doing well mate, said it before on here but in March/April 2020 I was near 21 stone.

I keep hovering around 16 stone 4/5.

Running certainly helped

Having been diagnosed with anaemia, I underwent colonoscopy and upper endoscopy last week. Not pleasant, and the pre-op procedures are as bad if not worse. Everything inside was fine, meaning there is no internal bleeding or other issues causing loss of blood.

My course of iron tablets finished two weeks ago. My running since then has been fine, so hopefully my iron levels are back to normal, but I suppose the next few months will be telling.

I'm running from 5km To 10km, between two to six times a week at the moment. 10km today, and it was really enjoyable. My legs and body were tired after it, but my breathing was good, and my heart rate averaged 141, which classes as an aerobic workout.
Glad they were fine mate and good to see you back out again. I had surgery on my bowel 5 years ago after collapsing outside Stamford bridge while queuing to watch City. My bowel had perforated, I was rushed in had emergency surgery then had both those procedures almost monthly at a time then every 3 months, then every 6. Took 2 years before I got all clear

Parkrun in 28:44 this morning, when adjusted to 5km was 28:27. I'm very pleased with that. It's four minutes slower than my fastest ever 5km, which was three years ago, when I was three years younger! (Maths is one of my areas of strength).

I was intending to wait until my weight dropped down to 15st before I attempted any running, but it's been 2-3 pounds above this for a month or so now, so I thought I'd take the plunge.
Just run / walked my normal 60.minute walk in 49 minutes. Guess I've got to start somewhere, and the walking & swimming for the last 8 months has definitely helped!
Exactly the same time again today despite my thighs being super achy after Thursday. Did more stretches post walk / run today in an attempt to combat this. At least I'm consistent!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.