Patrick Roberts | Sold to Sunderland

Seems a big fee for a League One club to pay when he’s out of contract in June.

His biggest mistake was wanting to go back to Celtic for a year instead of playing in the PL where he was wanted by several clubs.
Don’t think that one season changed his entire career though pal. He did get a fair few injuries that season but has since had chance after chance at other clubs. He looked a fantastic talent that was worth taking a risk on at the time even if he did cost us a fair few quid. Strange how someone with such natural ability never kicked on but it happens. Good luck Paddy.

I think he will do ok at Sunderland, we have a team of weaklings across the field to be honest, but try to play a bit of football. Sometimes the football we have played this season has been at a different level to all other teams, but then we do a Sunderland just when we go top with games in hand and then return 2 points from 9 and resemble a 4th division team

Doyle is still doing a great job, people have stopped talking about his as a future England captain now, but he will still do a job in the top league. Hopefully we go up and get him on loan for another season..by then his tash might have grown in!

For signing at £12m with 6 years of wages and selling for £3m… this one will go down as a fail. I think there was some talent in there but it seems his level was at celtic/league 1. Sunderland buying a lot of smart players this window so expecting them to push on into championship.

For signing at £12m with 6 years of wages and selling for £3m… this one will go down as a fail. I think there was some talent in there but it seems his level was at celtic/league 1. Sunderland buying a lot of smart players this window so expecting them to push on into championship.
Probably was a fail,but we would have got some loan fees and wages paid.

Don't think we would have paid the full purchase either.

"Roberts was labelled as an £11m or £12m player when he signed for the Blues at 18, but the breakdown of that figure is up for debate.

City sources claimed at the time the initial outlay was around £2m - with the rest coming in add-ons which are unlikely to have been activated.

People close to selling club Fulham say that the true breakdown was £5m up front and £6m in extras."

The loan fees would have covered his transfer fee I suspect regardless of what it was.

The signing wasn't a "fail", he just didn't kick on as expected. File it under "shit happens".

Only fail was he never got in our side the loan fees then the sale will cover what we paid and more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.