Southampton (A) - Post Match Thread

Could agree more, the problem with a long winning run is the pressure builds, by resetting with a game like this we can start again with less pressure, oh and the little bit of hope it gives the dippers will only serve to hurt them more when we pull it away!
No guarantees that the red scousers win the two games in hand ( they need too) but absolutely no guarantees,draws are in a sense defeats for them,saying that I expect them to win both but football is a funny old game ..

6 points ahead if dippers win their games in hand. Would've been nice to keep it to a minimum of 8 but not the end of the world - we have these kinds of results every season and the Scousers will have theirs too. Just need to make sure we get the 3 points against them at the Etihad.

Hope this gives us a kick up the arse to go on another run, although timing isn't great with the winter break coming, could use a game sooner to bounce back.

On the game, much better in the second half but weren't at our best on the whole. Got to give some credit to Southampton (or at least Salisu - great performance from him), although their fans can fuck off booing Laporte and Grealish after both getting hacked down.

Regardless of whether the 2 VAR decisions were correct, the combination of them in quick succession took the sting out of our game at a point where we were really banging on the door. (FWIW I think in each case VAR was always going to agree with the refs on field decision as neither were clear and obvious)

Disappointing that the winning run didn't continue, but it wasn't going to last all season. Especially against a yo-yo team like Southampton who have just drawn their cup final and celebrated like they've won.

Grealish, Sterling and Bernie all had an off game, but we had plenty of chances to win, Sterling's misses cost us a half time lead.

Jesus deserves a start, he caused them far more problems than Sterling today.

Good 1st half. Faded in the 2nd

I thought City were possessed in the 2nd half and just didn't get any luck. Could easily have had a pen, and seen Saints go down to ten. Lots of almost moments. Some games just don't go your way.
I agree, I am trying not to be negative, but it is almost always the same teams and the same tactics and the players just shrug it off.

The first 32 minutes, it was a shit show. They were pressing our front middle two like crazy, we were not going wide, we definitely didn't try to get behind, we were doing a lot of short futile passes like totally dazed and confused, Jack was coming back inside and it was complete quagmire in MF. We didn't try to double up on the wings, both KdB and Foden particularly ineffective when playing in between line with their back to the goal. It all changed when Pep realigned them in 2HT, but once we start chasing games and there is no individual quality, we start creaking on the seams. I am just pissed off with this established pattern how we end up conceding idiotic goals and than almost falling apart.
No it wasnt , Southampton were playing on the break and couldnt even get hold of the ball , and we were never creaking at the seams , Ederson didnt have a save to make , stop pressing the panic button beccause we drew a game , we showed superb team work and spirit and deserved to win the game, we didn get the decisions today but we did at Arsenal last week and that was closer to your percieved shit show, not today.

We weren't at our best, but suppose Raz buried his 1st half chance? Saints defended well but were niggly and resorted to fouls often . Should have been 2 red cards, pen was soft but should have been given. Ref and var utterly bottled it

The twat in yellow I thought he had some nervous twitch. Any foul for us, twitch, twitch, play on......... With No Fucking Advantage. For them, free kick every time. And how he handled stoppage time???? Blatant time wasting achieved its goal. Need someone quick in the centre of the park.

Anyway the dips have Palace and Leicester both away as their games in hand, neither of which are gimmes. Let's put Brentford to the sword after the break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.