The Title Race - 2021/22

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people really believe Liverpool are going to go on a massive winning streak though based off what they've seen so far?

If say we win 11 of 15, draw 2 and lose 2, we'd be on 91 points. Liverpool can only hit 96 at max, which means they'd need to win AT LEAST 15 out of their last 17 games to beat that.

Of course Liverpool could still win it, but it feels like we're just being modest about it. I doubt most sane Liverpool fans are expecting much.

IF Liverpool win tomorrow, we'd stll have say 75% chance to win the league from here, and that's a great position to be in.

Of course, it's not over. I struggle to understand the point of claiming the league is over. Pep's teams go on incredible winning runs because they control better the games than other teams. But even they can't control luck, injuries, VAR, etc. We never managed to win 6-7 games in a row in 19/20. Laporte got injured, Stones had problems, Otamendi was over the hill...Shit happens, even to the best teams.

Implied probability based on odds from a wide range betting sites is in the range 88% to 92%.
Intuitively feels right imo.

Implied probability based on odds from a wide range betting sites is in the range 88% to 92%.

Betting odds are less reliable than 538's predictions, imo. If Liverpool win tomorrow, their chances will go from 12 to 20 %. If they fail to win, their chances will drop below 10 %.

Do people really believe Liverpool are going to go on a massive winning streak though based off what they've seen so far?

If say we win 11 of 15, draw 2 and lose 2, we'd be on 91 points. Liverpool can only hit 96 at max, which means they'd need to win AT LEAST 15 out of their last 17 games to beat that.

Of course Liverpool could still win it, but it feels like we're just being modest about it. I doubt most sane Liverpool fans are expecting much.

They done it before mate(18-19, 19-20). They are really good team. We have to be very careful.

They done that before mate(18-19, 19-20). They are really good team. We have to be very careful.
Of course, but the signs were there that they had that in them back then. Neither run came out of the blue.

Plus, surely it's more likely we go on another crazy run than Liverpool do?

Just need to be focused for the full period of the game. We have had periods of looking half asleep in some of the recent games against Leicester, Arsenal and today. Sometimes these periods last 15 mins, sometimes a bit longer but they are creeping in. Last week against Chelsea we looked on it all game. Today the first 30 we were not the same team and had one attempt in the first 30 mins.

Complacency can set in and that was maybe the wake up call today as we got away with it in the other games. I’m sure Pep gave them an absolute bollocking at half time because the intensity was a different level second half.

Those cunts are probably printing t-shirts already

Yes, also we have difficult games. I believe to the team and Pep. But it’s not over yet.
54be0006a8c839f58ea898f5c8943bbb.jpg
Yes, the palace one looks tricky!

Of course, but the signs were there that they had that in them back then. Neither run came out of the blue.

Plus, surely it's more likely we go on another crazy run than Liverpool do?

Yes, that’s right. But everyting is possible. We are unlucky team and they are very lucky team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.