Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all know it takes most of our new signings some 6 to 12 months to get used to our system and Peps way of thinking.
With this in mind it would seem sensible to get him over as soon as possible to let him 'hit the ground running' for the 2022/23 season.

As we all know it takes most of our new signings some 6 to 12 months to get used to our system and Peps way of thinking.
With this in mind it would seem sensible to get him over as soon as possible to let him 'hit the ground running' for the 2022/23 season.
He will hit the ground running in the 23/24 season, don’t worry...

Cheers for the info, Alvarez sounds like a very exciting talent. In your opinion what are his main strengths?
He's very complete.

-Good set piece taker.
-Hard worker off the ball (both on ofense and defense).
-Great first touch.
-Deceptively quick.
-Good dribbler.
-Unselfish.

His main weakness is probably headers but because it's just not his game. He has a couple of goals on the air though.

But to me his main strength is finishing, with both feet. Give him half a chance and he will make you pay. There's a stat that shows that he has an out of the ordinary % of shots on target. If he has daylight he will at least get it between the posts.

Could paying a fee for him now rather than waiting for him to be available on a free be a statement of City's belief in the player's worth which Alvarez will value?

In his position it would mean a lot to me that a club was willing to do that. It also shows clubs from that region that City are a decent club to do business with and are not just vultures trying to strip them of their best prospects for little or no reward.

These things are worth something in my opinion but the fee and signing are a bit of a gamble. I really hope the lad does well and makes it at City as it feels a bit odd not having an Argentinian in the squad after so many years of Zabba, Kun etc.
Excellent post. Sentiments I agree 100% with.

No I just said since he is 22 and not 14 he is probably ready to move away from mommy, and if he is not there is no point in signing him anyway.

No there is no guarantee. But as you said, if we want someone, we go get them. If we dont want him in the team right now, I think we should go get him when and if we want him instead, since he is not a youth player that will gain valuable experience from staying where he is. Thats just my opinion.

With that mindset everything we write on the transfer forum is completely irrelevant, since none of it matters anyway. I think its important where and if we send players on loan, and I like to discuss it. If you dont want to discuss it, just dont do it:)
I agree if we are signing him he should join us ASAP to get bedded in and learn the language tactic and system but at the end of the day it's up to River plate if they want to keep him. If we activate the release we will be burning bridges with one of the best clubs at producing talent in South America is him arriving 6 months earlier worth it?

No there is no guarantee. But as you said, if we want someone, we go get them. If we dont want him in the team right now, I think we should go get him when and if we want him instead, since he is not a youth player that will gain valuable experience from staying where he is. Thats just my opinion.

With that mindset everything we write on the transfer forum is completely irrelevant, since none of it matters anyway. I think its important where and if we send players on loan, and I like to discuss it. If you dont want to discuss it, just dont do it:)
Well if we want him in 6mths and hes not there and instead signed for someone else, then that would be shit wouldn't it.

What do we lose by buying him now, regardless of if he steps foot in Manchester or not for 12mths or in fact ever. Nothing.

Surely its important to let the lad continue to do well and be settled at his current club and then he moves over when the time is right.
Instead you want to pull him from Argentina and do what, Loan him to some random club to see him likely struggle for 6mths?

This guy looks really good, by the way. He should just come this winter to see if we need Halland in the summer or not. Plus, we need a striker right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.