Do we have a world class forward?

The question was as per title , no we dont and that includes our record buy , nearest we have is ffs and gundy, you compared sergio and i said we were promised a replacement not 100 m player who cant score , clear enough ?
No not clear not even nearly clear why you are singling out a midfielder, Gundogan is also a midfielder. They aren’t forwards so they obviously aren’t world class forwards. Grealish and what hhe cost has fuck all to do with whether we bought or will buy a striker or don’t buy a striker. Nor has any so called promise.

Its funny when she tries taking over the forum, regulate what people can post and "exposing rags" when people criticise players she likes, but when it's someone she haven't taken well to it's open season.
No issue with criticism , but as you say when it's done to her fan boys there is trouble.

No, we don't have a world class forward at the moment. What we do have is a team that performs exceptionally well despite that.
If we did have a world class forward then our team game would surely be different, and who is to say we would win more? It's almost impossible to answer imho.

No, we don't have a world class forward at the moment. What we do have is a team that performs exceptionally well despite that.
If we did have a world class forward then our team game would surely be different, and who is to say we would win more? It's almost impossible to answer imho.
Its a very fine balance to find a striker that makes the team win more they have to score goals in tight games but not disrupt our game which is why there are very few that can actually play for us. I’m sure we’ll find the right one but he might not be the one we all expect and it might be one that doesn’t always get picked.

We’ve plenty of very good forwards, attacking players, of whom Kev is world class, but what we lack is an out and out striker. The amount of chances we create any striker we signed wouldn’t even need to be world class, just a reliable and composed finisher.

We need a top striker to win the CL. You don’t get many chances against the best sides. Pep knows this but there are very few out there at the level we need. Haaland is the only one really.
Did Chelsea have a first class striker last season? I don’t think so.

Arguably they have one this season in Lukako. And this appears to have messed up their team.

Foden has the potential to be but still has a long way to go.

Grealish is a decent Premier League player and nothing more imo.

Jesus is a good dribbler and one of the best pressers in the game but is neither an elite winger or striker.

Sterling's numbers in three of the last four seasons would probably fall in to the category of someone who is considered world class but I don't think he is a world class footballer.

I would say Mahrez has world class technical ability. His first touch, close control and dribbling are all of a very high standard. He has good vision and execution of a pass, can whip in dangerous crosses and is composed in front of goal. The only thing he really lacks is pace.

It goes to show what a great coach Pep is because although he obviously has a lot of talent at his disposal, I think it's underestimated how impressive it is that we're so far ahead of everyone else despite not having a goal machine in our ranks. The way the media talk about our squad you would think it was full of galacticos but it's not the reality.
Completely agree. But I'm desperate to see how we'd fare with a Haaland, Lewandowski, Kane et al up front. I don't think "false 9" as an approach is sustainable in the very long term.

Do we even have a forward?
Torres was our best striker but we let him go on the cheap!
Sterling a good winger, overrated though and he misses far too many chances, he’s scored and assisted well here but his numbers are only so high because he plays for the greatest and most dominant team in the world.
Foden is a central midfielder, an excellent young talent but I’m worried he’s not progressing as well as he should be. Grealish is a midfielder, certainly not a forward. Mahrez is an attacking midfielder, Jesus is the closest we have to a forward and he wants to play on the wing! Delap is a huge talent, prolific in youth football but been injured all season and unknown.

Gundogan, Kev and Bernardo are our best finishers, in that order but neither are a forward.

So no we don’t really have any world class forwards now in the face of it, it all depends how you define world class forward though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.