VAR Thread - 2021/22

You could roll that forward 4 or 5 frames and Martial would still be in possession of that ball.

Where is the evidence that it's always the first point at which which tha ball is touched, because I've seen lines drawn when there has been daylight between ball and player in order that it looks off when it (probably) wasn't?
The evidence is in the laws of the game ...

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate....

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

It's a major bug bear of mine regarding offsides and, as I said in my post, it doesn't always seem to be applied consistently as we often see lines drawn where the image of the ball is smudged, therefore moving, therefore AFTER the first point of contact (which is unforgivable given the number of frames that could be selected from); but the rule is as stated above.

Agreed and the science behind the system is in that YT link above. Same goes for the frame and I worry whether the way it is used now is open to interpretation now that we only get to see the final result.

It’s time for managers and football clubs to start calling out these shocking decisions that are happening every single week.
Video replays were supposed to stop this shit.
Now it’s ten times worse because before you could account for human error, but there shouldn’t be any human error when they’ve got multiple angles of the incident.
It’s either cheating, corruption or biased.
Whatever it is it’s fucking wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.