10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly as if pep will be emotionally swayed by the price tag. he is famous for binning of players who do not work for him like ibra. I suspect pep is giving him the chance to learn his system and nurturing him to be a better player in the middle even if he is not having great output. after all he sees him as a important part of our future team while many here are trigger happy to bin of anything that does not work immediately.

I think also because from the club point of view technically they only spent 40m to buy Grealish.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...-manchester-city-spend-on-aston-villa-captain

So the club always see him smart investment because they didn't feel they spent big on him at all.

There's a really obvious question that nobody seems to have an answer to, which is if Grealish was doing so poorly why has he been picked so often?
Just like Rodri, Gundogan and Mahrez, he is being picked because he is doing the job asked of him. Thank God Pep has spoken about it because the posts in this thread are depressing, and just an exact repeat of what went on in the Gundo and Rodri threads, when 'experts' said how shit they were, how they'd lost it or would never be at the right level.

With respect, I think Guardiola’s opinion carries a bit more weight than yours.
luckily, I am still allowed to talk my mind

seriously, after 5.5 years in the job, are we not aware that pep sometimes lies to the press?

If Grealish shows the faith Pep has shown in him to be justified , will you admit you were wrong ?

Too many on here write players off too soon .
Course I will, because I never "wrote anyone off", this is such a bizarre thing to claim. But I also know what my eyes see. And if saturday's performance was Jack's "best performance in a city shirt" than to me he hasn't had a single performance that I would even dare classify as "good", going by guardiola's standards.

There's a billion mitigating factors and it's all fine and well to magically wait for things to become better, and hell, under pep they often do. But to be called "arrogant" because I react to how things right now are going is astonishing.

Last edited:
With respect, I think Guardiola’s opinion carries a bit more weight than yours.
He’s hardly going to say he was bob average again though is he? Guardiola isn’t daft, he’ll know the pressure is mounting on Jack only if it’s from Grealish himself. But we all know it isn’t.

Has he singled anyone else out for praise from Saturday? Because it seems like this is either a very obvious ploy to build Grealish up which is fair, or it’s as a direct response to a leading question from someone wanting to stir the pot.

Not even Grealish’s Mum would say he was exceptional on Saturday.

Delighted with Pep's comments on him.

You can see Jack's confidence growing now, Southampton was the best he's looked in our shirt so far. Won't be long until he's a mainstay on the left.

Ironically enough, I can see him drifting central in the seasons to come: he could be unplayable in that position.

Strange,given he was one of our better players on Saturday,and who clearly is still getting used to a far more disciplined role in our team than he ever was asked to perform at Villa....that he should be the number one candidate for scrutiny.

He is undoubtedly improving,and he is beginning to adjust and settle in to his new life in what is a very alien,and probably unique,environment.

I loved the extra aggression he showed too,his game here needs more of that.

Why so people can't have opinions he's been shite anyone who says any thing different are either pissed or need to go to specsavers

So your point is everyone should be allowed to hold different opinions without being told they’re nonsense - but then anyone who holds a different opinion to yours is either pissed or needs glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.