Julian Alvarez | Signs for City (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll be Jesus in the last year of his contract will it not? Would be daft not to entertsin offers for him, and he himself will surely think it may be time to try become a regular elsewhere.

You could well be right. We'll see soon enough.
Yeah, him Raz and Mahrez all staring the last year in the face this summer.

Foden/?? - NEW 9/Alvarez - Sterling/Palmer

Would be a great balance for me. Jesus hasnt really kicked on, and Mahrez is 31 next season i'd be looking to bring Palmer in more and more to replace him.

Following up on above, if Pep doesn't extend, it may well affect what offers are accepted for players in the final year of their contract. Jesus, Sterling, Gundo, Mahrez will all be in the final year of their contract. Dinho leaving too.

While the club would entertain offers for some of them that have value, would Pep really want to replace 5 players (excluding anyone else actually wanting to leave, like potentially bernardo laporte etc) all in one go and endure mini rebuild in his final year?

If he stays longer, sure perfect time to replace a few if they haven't extended. If he doesn't, he would probably rather see them walk for nothing than replace a few in one go.

Would be a great balance for me. Jesus hasnt really kicked on, and Mahrez is 31 next season i'd be looking to bring Palmer in more and more to replace him.

I think Sterling should go in the summer and a replacement brought in. He's going into his final year he's not agreed a new deal, he is probably worth a decent amount of money. He's been a brilliant player for us but the club lose out if he doesn't sign that deal and leaves on a free.

I'd be looking at Antony of Ajax as a replacement with the sterling money been very good in the champions league this season. Let Palmer come into the mix but bring in a replacement as well.

I think Sterling should go in the summer and a replacement brought in. He's going into his final year he's not agreed a new deal, he is probably worth a decent amount of money. He's been a brilliant player for us but the club lose out if he doesn't sign that deal and leaves on a free.

I'd be looking at Antony of Ajax as a replacement with the sterling money been very good in the champions league this season. Let Palmer come into the mix but bring in a replacement as well.
I wouldn be shocked, just dont think anyone has the money we would want. Anthony is a good shout, not sure they'll go for another inverted for the right with Palmer/Mahrez already in the mix.

The club plans 3,4,5 years in advance. Apart from a player wanting to leave or injuries you would think based on our current strategy that we know who we want to sign.

Now whether that player actually wants to come or if the club have not been able to reach an aggreement with the selling club is another matter. Kane is a perfect example of the latter point and Haaland the former.

The club plans 3,4,5 years in advance. Apart from a player wanting to leave or injuries you would think based on our current strategy that we know who we want to sign.

Now whether that player actually wants to come or if the club have not been able to reach an aggreement with the selling club is another matter. Kane is a perfect example of the latter point and Haaland the former.
Yeah, you can tell by the links on player age (Gundo/Ferna) and contracts (Sterling/Mahrez) where the club is looking to shift or faze in/out over the next 3 windows positionally.

Looking where the squad will be 1-3 years is always better than "where will he fit if he arrives tommorow?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.