10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
luckily, I am still allowed to talk my mind

seriously, after 5.5 years in the job, are we not aware that pep sometimes lies to the press?

Course I will, because I never "wrote anyone off", this is such a bizarre thing to claim. But I also know what my eyes see. And if saturday's performance was Jack's "best performance in a city shirt" than to me he hasn't had a single performance that I would even dare classify as "good", going by guardiola's standards.

There's a billion mitigating factors and it's all fine and well to magically wait for things to become better, and hell, under pep they often do. But to be called "arrogant" because I react to how things right now are going is astonishing.

I don't recall calling you arrogant in my post, perhaps you are confusing me with another poster ?

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, and all I said was that some posters were in my opinion , impatient and hasty in arriving at their opinions of players.

Gealish is just another to fall into that category - many using the transfer fee as justification for the lack of instant 100% performances.

He’s hardly going to say he was bob average again though is he? Guardiola isn’t daft, he’ll know the pressure is mounting on Jack only if it’s from Grealish himself. But we all know it isn’t.

Has he singled anyone else out for praise from Saturday? Because it seems like this is either a very obvious ploy to build Grealish up which is fair, or it’s as a direct response to a leading question from someone wanting to stir the pot.

Not even Grealish’s Mum would say he was exceptional on Saturday.
here comes the conspiracies. when fact contradict your reasoning why not use conspiracies instead lol!

here comes the conspiracies. when fact contradict your reasoning why not use conspiracies instead lol!

It’s not a conspiracy you loon.. Do you even know what that word means?

There’s a saying on these shores, actions speak louder than words. Against Arsenal whilst we toiled to break down 10 men, Grealish remained firmly seated on the bench.
Why? Because Grealish to date has struggled to directly influence games.

No matter how much you or anyone else wants to spin it, his outright output has been underwhelming.

There’s one thing that really isn’t up for discussion. He’s played over 1500 minutes of football for the best team in the World right now, he’s spent all of those minutes in an attacking position. He’s simply not contributing as he should be.

Now, as I’ve repeatedly said, something may click, a bit of fortune or time may change that. But currently he’s not worth his place in the starting xi.

People keep referring to Gundogan, Rodri, Cancelo or Mahrez but they all had put in some very telling performances or important contributions by this stage.

To put it in perspective, he’s way behind what Torres was offering us last season.

Last edited:
It’s not a conspiracy you loon.. Do you even know what that word means?

There’s a saying on these shores, actions speak louder than words. Against Arsenal whilst we toiled to break down 10 men, Grealish remained firmly seated on the bench.
Why? Because Grealish to date has struggled to directly influence games.

No matter how much you or anyone else wants to spin it, his outright output has been underwhelming.

There’s one thing that really isn’t up for discussion. He’s played over 1500 minutes of football for the best team in the World right now, he’s spent all of those minutes in an atta king position. He’s simply not contributing as he should be.

Now, as I’ve repeatedly said, something may click, a bit of fortune or time may change that. But currently he’s not worth his place in the starting xi.

People keep referring to Gundogan, Rodri, Cancelo or Mahrez but they all had put in some very telling performances or important contributions by this stage.

To put it in perspective, he’s way behind what Torres was offering us last season.
you don't seem to understand what you are saying yourself. you said
He’s hardly going to say he was bob average again though is he? Guardiola isn’t daft, he’ll know the pressure is mounting on Jack only if it’s from Grealish himself. But we all know it isn’t.

Has he singled anyone else out for praise from Saturday? Because it seems like this is either a very obvious ploy to build Grealish up which is fair, or it’s as a direct response to a leading question from someone wanting to stir the pot.

Not even Grealish’s Mum would say he was exceptional on Saturday.

first you go on about how this is a ploy by Guardiola to praise Jack when actually the pressure is building and he is unhappy with his performance when evidense suggest pep benches and bins of players who are not playing well.

then you go on to say Not even Grealish’s Mum would say he was exceptional on Saturday when infact Guardiola himself said Jack was exceptional and explained how he is playing exactly how he expects him to.

this is trump fans levels of delusion.

you don't seem to understand what you are saying yourself. you said

first you go on about how this is a ploy by Guardiola to praise Jack when actually the pressure is building and he is unhappy with his performance when evidense suggest pep benches and bins of players who are not playing well.

then you go on to say Not even Grealish’s Mum would say he was exceptional on Saturday when infact Guardiola himself said Jack was exceptional and explained how he is playing exactly how he expects him to.

this is trump fans levels of delusion.

Not sure I even follow what your trying to say.

Simply put for you, Grealish was not exceptional Saturday far from it. Not even Jack’s mum would describe his mediocre performance Saturday as “exceptional” Pep is cleverly using the opportunity to try and build confidence and relieve any pressure starting to mount in the media.. It’s the oldest trick in the book.

Last edited:
Why so people can't have opinions he's been shite anyone who says any thing different are either pissed or need to go to specsavers
Not forgetting, ''football's not for you'' and, a personal favourite i've had levelled at me, ''You know nothing about football'' when not agreeing that Grealish will be the new Gascoigne, Pele or Maradonna.

Why so people can't have opinions he's been shite anyone who says any thing different are either pissed or need to go to specsavers
Not forgetting, ''football's not for you'' and, a personal favourite i've had levelled at me, ''You know nothing about football'' when not agreeing that Grealish will be the new Gascoigne, Pele or Maradonna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.