10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans may well lack knowledge of the intricacies of the requirements and expectations of the club, but they're not stupid. It's natural to expect the team to be built around a £100m signing, not to see them as a passenger for a year or so.

Anybody who honestly thinks Jack Grealish was good value at £100m (and circa £300k a week wages) is living in cloud cuckoo land.

He's a decent £25/30m player who would have probably seen out his career at Villa if City hadn't come waving ridiculous money about.

If there is a long term plan for him at City, I hope it's a bloody good one.

I will try again for the hard of understanding - the management thought the fee was ok.

You don't but so what, I doubt Pep is losing sleep because you don't share his opinion.

I will try again for the hard of understanding - the management thought the fee was ok.

You don't but so what, I doubt Pep is losing sleep because you don't share his opinion.
We will agree to disagree obviously!

Let's just hope that Pep/Txiki have got it right. They've only got 18 months or so to live with their decision.

I think the point has been clearly made: those who were highly critical of Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan are often now the same fans who are highly critical of Grealish. It seems that lessons have not yet been learned.

I think the point has been clearly made: those who were highly critical of Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan are often now the same fans who are highly critical of Grealish. It seems that lessons have not yet been learned.
And then in two years we'll be talking about how we should give the new player time like we did with Grealish and so on and so forth..

And then in two years we'll be talking about how we should give the new player time like we did with Grealish and so on and so forth..
Are you saying that I will still be saying that, just like I was then and like I do now?

By this point of the season, 24/1/2019, in his first season, Mahrez had 9 goals and 10 assists in all competitions. Grealish has 3 goals and 3 assists.

Mahrez has played, by this point of the season in 2018/19, 1767 minutes. Grealish has so far played 1676 minutes.
Of course you'd do well to remember the types of fixture they both played in.

Grealish has currently featured in 1247 minutes in the PL, only 121 minutes fewer than Mahrez did in the PL across the entire season.

I'm not looking to knock Mahrez, but it's a verifiable fact that Grealish has played a more relevant role in the team in his 1st half of the season than any other attacker signed under Pep in the summer, notably Bernardo, Mahrez, and Sané.

Bernardo's entire 1st season was of a lower standard than almost anyone else's so far (still alright) and he turned out to be one of our most important players. Sané went from nothing to superstar in the 2nd half of his season. Mahrez was (very unfairly I may add) panned to the point that FFS became a nickname for 2 whole seasons by this forum. You can point out his goals in the league cup as a sign of how brilliant he was but trust me he wasn't a beloved figure on here at all.

Cancelo was largely criticised on here for over a year. Rodri was really unpopular for two seasons until late September this year. Gundogan was the biggest boo boy on here for 5 years straight. Stones got mercilessly written off for most of 2016-17 and again in 2020.

No matter what you wrongly argue, there is zero evidence that Grealish is far worse than any of the other players to have struggled. Maybe not as good, sure, but there's nothing about Grealish that says the argument of 'Give him time like everyone else had' is wrong.

Of course you'd do well to remember the types of fixture they both played in.

Grealish has currently featured in 1247 minutes in the PL, only 121 minutes fewer than Mahrez did in the PL across the entire season.

I'm not looking to knock Mahrez, but it's a verifiable fact that Grealish has played a more relevant role in the team in his 1st half of the season than any other attacker signed under Pep in the summer, notably Bernardo, Mahrez, and Sané.

Bernardo's entire 1st season was of a lower standard than almost anyone else's so far (still alright) and he turned out to be one of our most important players. Sané went from nothing to superstar in the 2nd half of his season. Mahrez was (very unfairly I may add) panned to the point that FFS became a nickname for 2 whole seasons by this forum. You can point out his goals in the league cup as a sign of how brilliant he was but trust me he wasn't a beloved figure on here at all.

Cancelo was largely criticised on here for over a year. Rodri was really unpopular for two seasons until late September this year. Gundogan was the biggest boo boy on here for 5 years straight. Stones got mercilessly written off for most of 2016-17 and again in 2020.

No matter what you wrongly argue, there is zero evidence that Grealish is far worse than any of the other players to have struggled. Maybe not as good, sure, but there's nothing about Grealish that says the argument of 'Give him time like everyone else had' is wrong.

All fairly fair comment. But without checking all the players mentioned, Mahrez had something like 13 goals & 13 assists in his first season. Bernardo 9 goals, 11 assists.

Both far greater contributions than Grealish is looking like making in season one. He’s a forward in the most dominant team in the league and he’s turning out terrible numbers.

Granted stats don’t tell the whole story, but even his biggest fans are making fairly legitimate excuses for his performances. They’re doing that because it’s obvious to everyone that he’s so far been underwhelming.

Most posters seem happy to give him time and trust Pep. But he’s taking minutes off far more affective players at the moment.

I don’t think many fans would put him in their best xi. He’s proving to be a decent addition. But there’s no doubt he’s below par for City to date.

Grealish wasn't known for his goals and assists when we signed him so why are people expecting hes all of a sudden become a double digits player inside 6mths?

Mahrez on the other hand literally won a PFA award and a prem title because of the amount of goals and assists for Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.