Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbc article: Liverpool quadruple bid - how the Reds are already closer than ever to landing the 'Fab Four'​

They go on to talk about other close calls and how theyve failed... Wanna guess which team has a video of them being knocked out of a cup one year?
Is my memory failing me, or did we not spend the last four years complaining about the media banging on about the quadruple, and asking Pep about it constantly?

Funny how, since City became successful, the football-covering media, firstly, became obsessed with the finances of football and now with world politics. Anything, in fact, but what is going on on the pitch. Strange.

People caring about human rights because their football team isn’t successful anymore are a bit strange.

Ah well, that absolves the Queen and royal family of all responsibility then.

It could be pointed out the she and her upstanding family have met every dictator and despot of the 20th and 21st century all at the behest of whoever held power in the government of the day, and cosied up to whichever lunatic might serve our interests best at that particular time.

Not forgetting her direct family being very sympathetic to a certain odd looking goose stepping moustached fella who caused 60 million plus deaths, but yes she only met Assad pre genocide, well pointed out.
Exactly the type of deflection that I would expect from Liverpool fans.

It you can't acknowledge the UAE hosting the mass murdering **** Assad on its own merit is fucking atrocious, I give up.

That's before 350,000 people were killed in Syria which include chemical weapons and bombing of hospitals. How anyone can make light of this is beyond me.

I've defended SM and UAE pretty much since the takeover in 2008, this is not defendable and the timing is horrific.
I agree about the timing. However I think it confirms that Sheikh Mansour didn't buy City for "sportswashing" purposes. It seems clear there is no link between UAE policy and the business side of CFG. The UAE just ploughs on with its foreign policy. Don't forget they upset a lot of people in their region when they normalised relations with Israel. To be honest Sheikh Mansour has never seemed the slightest bit bothered about his reputation. I have always believed his motivation was purely to make money (nothing wrong with that) and he has done pretty well so far.

Barmy Barney Dissects Haaland - Was it the "Private Zoo" ?

Here`s yet another pretentious diatribe from Barney.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-and-the-300m-question-how-much-is-too-much

It would be laughable if not for the fact that he takes himself so seriously, and unfortunately there are far too many others who lap up this bias in a national newspaper.

Once proud and respected, The Guardian`s fall from grace is concerning. Its Sportblog is now an example of little more than a fabricated, skewed, space filler.

Yes that was before he butchered hundreds of thousands of his own people
Assad and his father before him have butchered their own people for decades. While I was on a business trip to Syria in the 80s Assad senior flattened the city of Homs and killed countless thousands of his own people.

I used to stay at the Meridien Hotel in Damascus which is situated virtually opposite the Syrian Secret Service building. Unshaved leather jacketed thugs would be hanging out at the buiding entrance picking their fingernails with a knife and eyeing up everyone passing. Terrified taxi drivers would drop me of and fuck off as fast as they could for fear of being randomly hauled into the building and gratuitously beaten up or worse.

Exactly the type of deflection that I would expect from Liverpool fans.

It you can't acknowledge the UAE hosting the mass murdering **** Assad on its own merit is fucking atrocious, I give up.

I know fck all about world politics but I get a feeling that at times you have to meet & greet some right cunts for diplomatic purposes.

The worlds full of despot leaders from East & West all armed from outside & at times the West doesn’t give a fck. I tell you one thing if they didn’t want the world to know of a mtg then they wouldn’t see it & certainly not the most high profile person from the region.

Barmy Barney Dissects Haaland - Was it the "Private Zoo" ?

Here`s yet another pretentious diatribe from Barney.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nd-and-the-300m-question-how-much-is-too-much

It would be laughable if not for the fact that he takes himself so seriously, and unfortunately there are far too many others who lap up this bias in a national newspaper.

Once proud and respected, The Guardian`s fall from grace is concerning. Its Sportblog is now an example of little more than a fabricated, skewed, space filler.
I hate his pretentious and flowery writing style. He epitomises everything that is bad about modern sports writers, especially those at the Guardian. They like to show off with words but never reveal anything significant. Opinion has no value unless it is based on facts. People like Ronay don't do any research. It is obvious Ronay knows Jack Shit about football. He doesn't tell people anything new.

Now I don't know alot about middle east politics but the picture of mansour and the syrian leader just dosent look good and like people say it's another stick to beat us with...mansour will not stop his business just because he owns Manchester City football club but to alot of gobshites it's guilt by association..the whats app wankers will be tossing each other off...
Does this also apply to Boris Johnson who was there a couple of days earlier. The parallels with Russia and what has happened in this country (though a diluted version) are very significant. Lies, overriding people's concerns, writing off billions handed to their mates etc.. and a leader who apparently is popular to a large chunk of the population because he plays to the gallery.Politicians in Government have little if any qualms about dealing with dictators if it meets their own ends.I'm not a political animal but an observer who sees the good and bad in all but there is so much hypocracy in this country that it makes you more of a person if you can form your own opinion than follow the herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.