Progressive Rock

78 tour had the best versions of what is my ultimate Yes track:

That's already the phase where Yes lost me. Imo Awaken is way overrated and "Going for the One" is a decent output but not that much more. Tormato imo was their first really bad long player. But I of course know that my opinion is mostly controversial among Yes fans.

That's already the phase where Yes lost me. Imo Awaken is way overrated and "Going for the One" is a decent output but not that much more. Tormato imo was their first really bad long player. But I of course know that my opinion is mostly controversial among Yes fans.
I have spent years discussing Yes online with various people and I don’t think your view is controversial at all.
However I was “awakened” to Yes by GFTO and I think it’s most complete album by them. Five great tracks showcasing their individual and collective brilliance. As complete as the revered CTTE in my eyes.
I agree with Tormato which could and should have been better.

Listened to "Hand Cannot Erase" last night for the first time in a while, what a piece of work! Have you tried Frost yet?
Yeah, it's ok. Great title track but the rest doesn't quite live up to it.

I've been listening to some Airbag recently which I'm quite enjoying.

I liked Perfect Life and Ancestral, too. I am not a fan of Steven's material from To The Bone onwards, though.

Yeah, it's ok. Great title track but the rest doesn't quite live up to it.

I've been listening to some Airbag recently which I'm quite enjoying.
Can't accept that if you believe "repeat to fade" isn't up to it

I have spent years discussing Yes online with various people and I don’t think your view is controversial at all.
However I was “awakened” to Yes by GFTO and I think it’s most complete album by them. Five great tracks showcasing their individual and collective brilliance. As complete as the revered CTTE in my eyes.
I agree with Tormato which could and should have been better.
CTTE for me has always been their peak. The last Yes album featuring the brilliant Bill Bruford. Alan White was a top drummer but so different than Bill, who's intricacies and detail for me make him the best rock drummer ever imo.
Alan is more a straightahead rock drummer but Bill is more than that, like Steve Howe he incorporates different styles, especially Jazz into his playing. Like Steve Howe he is a fusion player. King Crimson were very lucky to get him.

I hold CTTE as the greatest Prog album. Who else could come up with that long complicated but wholly listenable intro, And the beautifull And You And I ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.