Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
In a lot of cases this is a defence mechanism by a number of fans because we haven't won it. Try to make the competition of much lesser value. Its both human nature and very transparent
It’s such a ridiculous argument.

It’s the same as when people say “Well he shouldn’t have won Sports Personality of the Year, because he hasn’t got a very good personality”.

In a lot of cases this is a defence mechanism by a number of fans because we haven't won it. Try to make the competition of much lesser value. Its both human nature and very transparent

With me it's more than that mate, UEFA have tried to nail us to the proverbial for years trying to keep the "European Royalty" front and centre.

As for the format? I'm not a fan it's just a big old moneymaking scheme, knockout games all the way for me it would give some of the smaller sides a real chance to progress further.

With me it's more than that mate, UEFA have tried to nail us to the proverbial for years trying to keep the "European Royalty" front and centre.

As for the format? I'm not a fan it's just a big old moneymaking scheme, knockout games all the way for me it would give some of the smaller sides a real chance to progress further.
UEFA have treated us like shit as have it's biggest clubs. Which makes me want to wave their trophy, covered in sky blue ribbons, in their faces until they choke.

No way.
It wouldn't just be a "title win" for the Dippers. It would be classed as the greatest comeback since Lazarus.
On and on they would go about being 14 pts behind and then overtaking us to win it.
Also they would call us the biggest bottlers in the history of the Prem.

No fucking thank you.
Premier League as got to be a must for us this season.
Please please please let's not let them have it.
OK you've just convinced me.
I'm changing my vote...

I'm in the same boat as you. Whilst I try ignore the noise from rival fans, it's incredible frustrating a team of our quality inability to win the champions league. Especially given the way we have exited the competition over the years.

Personally though, I wouldn't take us losing the league to Liverpool to win the champions league. Domestic pride. Would you?
As much as I think the Premier league is the main prize, as you have to be the best over 38 games, I think at some point we have to win the CL to cement us being one best teams Europe has seen. So I think as much as it pains me to say it, for this season only I would forego the PL for CL. Just to get that monkey off out backs. Even if yhat means Liverpool winning the league.

Always the Prem, but I had a dream last night that the rags (yes, I know) pipped us to the title while we won the CL. The CL trophy looked like the world cup, so fuck knows what that was about.

Finishing 4th in the PL is harder than winning the Scottish League.

Real Madrid have won the CL 4 times in the last 10 years. Only once was that off the back of winning their domestic league the year before.

So are you telling me the other 3 times they won it, the competition would have been better if they weren’t in it, and instead the winners of the Belarus or Finland league took their place?

It’s a non-sensical argument that because it says the word “champions” that only champions should be in it. Would the World Cup be better if only the winners of the Euros, Libitadores etc got into it?

Fully agree. Every argument that is given here to diminish the value of the CL is just downright silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.