Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Simeone commented after the first leg that he was surprised Phil hadn’t started as he expected, and tonight we saw why, he clearly instructed his players to take him out of the game, not much different from the German asshole did with his thugs in Porto, targeting Kevin and Phil from the start to take them out. Just disgraceful. The other Madrid team certainly isn’t made up of saints but they won’t be this nasty. The club needs to work behind the scenes to get the best referee possible
Absolutely, as soon as he said that about Foden in the first leg I knew he had pre-programmed his base thuggery.
Cholo is a scumbag, an absolute lowlife.
Tonight showed that to the world what he really is.
A coward and a shithouse.
A cheat.
Unfortunately UEFA will fine them 50p

Simeone commented after the first leg that he was surprised Phil hadn’t started as he expected, and tonight we saw why, he clearly instructed his players to take him out of the game, not much different from the German asshole did with his thugs in Porto, targeting Kevin and Phil from the start to take them out. Just disgraceful. The other Madrid team certainly isn’t made up of saints but they won’t be this nasty. The club needs to work behind the scenes to get the best referee possible
Absolutely spot on

the two big chances Gundo missed, I mean we got away with that today but a similar conversion rate can cost us the semifinals or the PL title in next few games.

we just need to score the sitters. we just need to. somebody has to score them. no idea who because I rated Gundo one of the calmer finishers in the squad. I would hold Txiki-s salary back if we dont win a trophy this season. not getting a striker still can cost us everything and having all the great chances created for players who just do not have the killer instinct front of goal is just mentally tiring. Benzema would have scored both probably what Gundo missed. Haaland, Kane, Lewa etc. too I guess.

we need to win potentially 7 PL games in a row to win the title and we need to score goals for that. somebody needs to score them. another Soton, Palace performance of firing blank can end the title. this was probably the last game we could afford scoring no goals. Mahrey being greedy too , cut that shit out. he knew 2 times he will shot into the block as thats how close they were and still did it making us losing the ball.

midweek PL game after the Liverpool game coming up and even its only Brighton they are a good midtable side, just got 3 points in Emirates. not scoring from the chances will be punished also this level of misplaced passes.

in terms of how much energy we have for Liverpool who managed to rotate their top players today and no doubt thats an advantage, not very optimistic. but the Brighton game is a must win. especially that Pool will host United the day before and Rangnick will bend over big time so they go on top.
Not recruiting a top goal scorer in the last 3 years is corporate irresponsibility.

Football was the winner tonight , an awful coach and players who would sink to any level to get a result lost the game
Yep no doubt about that, football wins by them not going through. In 190+ minutes of football at no real point did they deserve anything else.

I thought they played some decent football in the second half, but it rarely threatened us. The last minutes of the game showed their true colours, and UEFA should charge them for bringing the game in disrepute.

Because when we did play out from the back and get it to Mahrez, KDB and later Sterling, they immediately lost it
Apart from that one worldy pass tonight I thought Riyad was poor again in another big game and tbh he has been since returning from AFCON.
His usual shite bottle job v liverpool. Every time. He likes some games but not others.
He is nowhere near Saturday’s team for me, given his record and past displays, supersub at best

Apart from that one worldy pass tonight I thought Riyad was poor again in another big game and tbh he has been since returning from AFCON.
His usual shite bottle job v liverpool. Every time. He likes some games but not others.
He is nowhere near Saturday’s team for me, given his record and past displays, supersub at best
His selfishness drives me insane. Multiple times he’s skinned their fullback and left 2-3 players for dead and he has a clear opportunity to assist.. and he shoots..

Reactions: dom
the two big chances Gundo missed, I mean we got away with that today but a similar conversion rate can cost us the semifinals or the PL title in next few games.

we just need to score the sitters. we just need to. somebody has to score them. no idea who because I rated Gundo one of the calmer finishers in the squad. I would hold Txiki-s salary back if we dont win a trophy this season. not getting a striker still can cost us everything and having all the great chances created for players who just do not have the killer instinct front of goal is just mentally tiring. Benzema would have scored both probably what Gundo missed. Haaland, Kane, Lewa etc. too I guess.

we need to win potentially 7 PL games in a row to win the title and we need to score goals for that. somebody needs to score them. another Soton, Palace performance of firing blank can end the title. this was probably the last game we could afford scoring no goals. Mahrey being greedy too , cut that shit out. he knew 2 times he will shot into the block as thats how close they were and still did it making us losing the ball.

midweek PL game after the Liverpool game coming up and even its only Brighton they are a good midtable side, just got 3 points in Emirates. not scoring from the chances will be punished also this level of misplaced passes.

in terms of how much energy we have for Liverpool who managed to rotate their top players today and no doubt thats an advantage, not very optimistic. but the Brighton game is a must win. especially that Pool will host United the day before and Rangnick will bend over big time so they go on top.
This is what I fear. We might just get away with it in the league but to win the CL Pep is going to have to produce the most tactically astute team selection of his career.

There's zero margin for error in this competition and every single one of our forwards need to refine their finishing skills for what could be a huge four weeks for us. If that means keeping them behind in training so be it. We need to be clinical from here on in. It breaks me knowing that a prime Aguero, Lewa, Benzema or Haaland in this team would already see us with a CL in the cabinet.

The fourth and the last of season defining games , we drew with the Dippers to maintain top place , got through against an uncompromising Atletico team over two leags , so the final "defining" game is Saturday.
We win at Wembley and it has been a brilliant two weeks , if we lose we still have our eyes on the prizes that matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.