Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Phil, when he rolled back onto the pitch: no-one can teach me anything more about shit-housing.

Fern, pushing him back down to the floor 3 minutes later when got up: hold my beer.
It makes my blood boil when Neymar does it, and I wouldn’t want us to do it every week… but last night was exactly the right time for it, and Foden and Fernandinho were fucking brilliant.

Foden was running round winding them up throughout that last ten minutes:
Rolling back on the pitch, he pointed and laughed at one of their staff who was randomly on the pitch (I could see the thought go through his head “should I pour this bottle of water over his head?.. nah, best not!”), he ran off the pitch and kicked one of the spare balls from off the pitch onto the pitch to slow the game down, he gave a foul away then kicked the ball away…

What a little wanker haha, brilliant stuff!

You have no issues with the way Madrid play. Are you kidding mate. That’s not football in the slightest and if city played like that over the two legs I’d be embarrassed.
What those pricks resorted to last night was way beyond anything that should be seen in an elite football match.

And to compare Fernandinho to that mob and what they get up to is far removed from reality as it gets.
It was a proper old fashioned European Cup match, harking from the days when men were men and no quarter was given.

Atletico's approach to the game was pretty much exactly what most of us FOCs fully expected... Win at any cost. Pep will have expected a rough ride, and planned accordingly. That's how to win the toughest matches.

I enjoyed every minute of the game. It was proper edge of the seat stuff. The sort of game I would have loved to play in, and frequently did on a Sunday morning in years gone by.

City were superb. Best performance of the season in my opinion. From back to front, every player gave their all, and were brilliantly controlled.

John Stones was colossal, and Fernandinho showed once again, how the game should be played. One of the greatest players ever to play football - a master of the game.

Whether we win the CL this year or not, last night's match was a magnificent display of just how good this City team is. We can take on anyone, however they want to play.

Up the Blues!

I can never understand why teams like Atleti do not go full on in both legs. They lost that tie in the first leg, consumed with a morbid fear of conceding. It's always the same with Simeone - defend, defend, and defend some more when he has talented midfielders and attackers who can destroy a team. I've never seen a brief highlights video where we had to defend so much and with such resolution.

On another day, it might have worked for them. Equally, if they had played a hard game on Sunday and not rested players against a weak side (and lost) on Saturday and we hadn't had a titanic battle and had to travel, we might have controlled the game more in the second half, like we usually do. Also, actually being in the lead by just one goal and knowing we had to keep a clean sheet may have made us more tense than them in that second period.

Atleti are pretty successful doing what they do but it's not how I want to see my team go about their business. I've seen on quite a few occasions City supporters tout Simeone as City manager and I always think WTF are you on!

It makes my blood boil when Neymar does it, and I wouldn’t want us to do it every week… but last night was exactly the right time for it, and Foden and Fernandinho were fucking brilliant.

Foden was running round winding them up throughout that last ten minutes:
Rolling back on the pitch, he pointed and laughed at one of their staff who was randomly on the pitch (I could see the thought go through his head “should I pour this bottle of water over his head?.. nah, best not!”), he ran off the pitch and kicked one of the spare balls from off the pitch onto the pitch to slow the game down, he gave a foul away then kicked the ball away…

What a little wanker haha, brilliant stuff!

You can take the lad out of Stockport, but…!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.