Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never try to defend leads in the Premier League so I don't understand why we try to do it in the champions League. That Real Madrid team would struggle to finish top 4 in the Premier League.

No striker & the fact we rely on an old fern in a semi final away to Madrid tell you the issues

It’s fine margins at this point in the big cup competitions. You don’t get the 2nd chances you get in the league. We are playing against the best Europe has to offer and unfortunately it keeps going against us. As I said, I think Pep has fucked us before in this competition but I cant blame him for tonight.
Compared to other seasons when he's clearly fucked us tonight isn't that. But to constantly lose the big cup game is always going to have a negative effect. For us it's shitting the bed whenever the going gets tough

Brought on Fernandinho for Mahrez which meant we completely changed our shape. Led to us being all over the shop defensively and they scored.
Kick-off Pep has clearly come up with something where we pass the ball back to Ederson who launches up the pitch(been doing it for about a month now). He kicks it straight to Courtois, they come up our left side and cross it 2-2. Peps decisions are involved in those 2 goals.

If he doesn't bring on Dinho for Mahrez or doesn't make us do this wanky ineffective tactic that also cost us vs Liverpool(they scored immediately into 2nd half after an Ederson long punt up field from our kick-off) we are most likely in the final right now.
We were 1-0 up, 2 goals to the good overall and in total control. Mahrez had been abysmal until he scored, so bringing him off to add a more defensive player seems a reasonable decision to see the game out.

The kick-off shite we have introduced I will give you. I don’t know where it has come from, or why we do it but it seems a really fucking weird/stupid thing to do for a possession based team full of midgets.

Piss poor recruitment over the past few years has hindered him but I think he’s doing a top job. Every big game this season we’ve dominated the big chances against the opposition. Our inability to finish them is a personnel issue rather than coaching.

I do get a feeling though that everything is too nice with the City management, almost like a job for the boys. It’s as if the club thinks Pep is doing us a favour by being here and there needs to be a more ruthless streak if we are to make that final hurdle in Europe.

Compared to other seasons when he's clearly fucked us tonight isn't that. But to constantly lose the big cup game is always going to have a negative effect. For us it's shitting the bed whenever the going gets tough
I don’t know what the answer is. If Pep isn’t the man to get us over the line I don’t know who is. It wouldn’t surprise me if we finally end up winning it (and we will) with someone really unfancied at the helm, when we are no longer favourites to win it and the pressure is off.

We played scared all game. And until Gundogan came on and Bernado got confident. Everything was an attempt to go backwards.

We tried too hard to not lose the ball and showed zero urgency too often.

It just looked bad all through.

We are just not ruthless enough. On their national team, no City players is ruthless either, so it's not a Pep thing, it's just not on the nature of our players. A Mane, Salah, Dias, Benzema, Modric, Kante...show their mental strenght both in their clubs and national teams. As long as we are not ruthless, we'll keep being the best team in the world, but with no UCL to prove it.

The sooner we announce Haaland and a little extension to stay at the helm a while longer the better

Or go now as it ain’t never gonna happen for him in the CL,here ,decisions decisions

Pep shit the bed in the final last year, the players did it in the final few minutes tonite, so it’s all square, I seriously don’t think Pep will win the Champions league at City, we desperately missed JS tonite and I don’t think we concede them goals with him playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.