31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a new coach. Xabi Mancisidor has overseen the downfall of Hart, Bravo, hasn't improved Steffen's footwork and Ederson's goalkeeping is stagnating at best.

He arrived here as a great shot stopper and decent at penalties too. Now he's rated one of the worst keepers in the league at 1v1s, has a really bad habit of letting shots under him, and I can't remember him saving a penalty in years.

Yeah but we had 16 shots on target over both legs we scored 5
Real had 10 shots on target and scored 7

2 were pens. I can’t think of a goal he was a direct fault for. But I understand your concerns.

Both pens are not his fault, their second tonight and first lady week are unsaveable. First tonight and second last week, guess there’s an argument to be had. But I don’t know enough about keeping.

Primary job back in the stone ages. Yeah. Not anymore.

I'm sure Eddie will take peace with his back to back golden gloves. Not bad for someone that can't save first shots. Maybe we should have spent 80m on that other brazilian.
How many of these 35-40 clean sheets came against Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and united?

You generally win the golden glove against the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Sheff United and it's only in the big games the actual quality in the keeper gets found out.

First goal he's questionable, he's come to take the ball in and can reasonably expect dias to be infront of the madrid player to shield him off if not clear it himself but he's not. I've not watched it back to say whether he had time to see Dias wasn't where he should be but I'm inclined to say he didn't given it was a first time cross. even if he actually does have time to see that and we can say he has to spread himself towards the ball instead of trying to claim it, cancelo playing them onside for the chip into Benzema and then Dias being too slow to react are much bigger errors for that goal than Ederson. Second goal if anybody wants to claim he did anything wrong there then they clearly know fuck all but it fits this messed up obsession that's growing amongst the morons so let's just blame him anyway.

All the "he doesn't make saves" brigade are completely ignoring the excellent save he made at the death that allowed it to go to extra time. Not his fault that wasn't critical in the end.

If Madrid had Ederson in goal we'd have absolutely walloped them.

Also you could put any goalkeeper in the prem in our current team and they'd win the golden glove that's not a good metric with which to rate a keeper.
Courtois made one notable save over the two legs, and that was with his feet by the way... He was very questionable for at least 2 of our goals first leg and didn't make a notable save during that game, only poor finishing from us stopped him conceding about 8. Tonight he inexplicably let Grealish have a tap in with a huge fuck up only for Grealish to fuck it up even more and let him off the hook. Utter bollocks

I love the guy, but I can’t blame Tite when he decides Allison should be our main World Cup keeper.

First goal he's questionable, he's come to take the ball in and can reasonably expect dias to be infront of the madrid player to shield him off if not clear it himself but he's not. I've not watched it back to say whether he had time to see Dias wasn't where he should be but I'm inclined to say he didn't given it was a first time cross. even if he actually does have time to see that and we can say he has to spread himself towards the ball instead of trying to claim it, cancelo playing them onside for the chip into Benzema and then Dias being too slow to react are much bigger errors for that goal than Ederson. Second goal if anybody wants to claim he did anything wrong there then they clearly know fuck all but it fits this messed up obsession that's growing amongst the morons so let's just blame him anyway.

All the "he doesn't make saves" brigade are completely ignoring the excellent save he made at the death that allowed it to go to extra time. Not his fault that wasn't critical in the end.

Courtois made one notable save over the two legs, and that was with his feet by the way... He was very questionable for at least 2 of our goals first leg and didn't make a notable save during that game, only poor finishing from us stopped him conceding about 8. Tonight he inexplicably let Grealish have a tap in with a huge fuck up only for Grealish to fuck it up even more and let him off the hook. Utter bollocks
He didn’t use his feet when saving from Bernardo

2 were pens. I can’t think of a goal he was a direct fault for. But I understand your concerns.

Both pens are not his fault, their second tonight and first lady week are unsaveable. First tonight and second last week, guess there’s an argument to be had. But I don’t know enough about keeping.

I wouldn't count the pen but he dives the wrong way and early for the majority of pens he faces. Utterly useless at saving them. Saved 1 and conceded 24 in last 4 seasons.

Courtois made 8 saves tonight. Some might have looked routine but Ederson would have struggled/let them in.

It's Ederson defenders tendency to massively overate his saves too, every match thread. Same in your post. You've said he made an excellent save because a Madrid player hit him into his upper arm from an improbable nearpost angle. Should be sacked if he had conceded there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.