Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Pep has dropped some fucking clangers but not tonight mate. We played the perfect game, we've just been on the end of one of those classic sucker punch knockout ties. It's so hard to comprehend.

Think we all need to sleep on it and give it a few days to settle.

course pep fucked up tonight
Which stupid substitutions?

Walker had to go off so he brings on Zinchenko and switches Cancelo to the right.

Fernandinho comes on to shore things up and then Rodri makes way.

De Bruyne was shite so he brings on Gundogan and we instantly score.
grealish…. that game because they were chasing was made for sterling or even jesus staying on but pep went defensive..

As much as we cry out for a striker, people should be conscious of the reduction of chances we create, hopefully a clinical striker negates that, but make no mistake, less dominance is inevitable in terms of creative opportunities..

Counterpoint -

Our xG was significantly higher in the seasons we had Aguero upfront (17/18 and 18/19) than it has been in any season since we swapped to no strikers.

Shot Creating Actions - ie passes, dribbles, crosses that lead to a shot - were about 10% higher with no striker in 19/20, but have been lower than the seasons with a striker in 20/21 and 21/22.

So we were creating more and better chances to score goals with a striker than we are with an extra creator.

It seems strange why we haven't been banging on about this before. Love eddy he really really tries for us...and tbf as a fan that goes a long way...but to really win stuff...just need next level man in nets
ive said it for a couple of years but no idea who?
eddy is a top footballer we know that and can create goals but how many of these goals are winning goals compared to how many goals he doesnt save?
ive literally no idea who it should be but for me ederson is our weakest link.

Wasn’t bad luck and and a corrupt ref it was a fucking disgrace and there should be an inquest into it . Laporte a major player in our demise . Cancelo is a defender who can’t defend . We have no striker and if bringing sterling on to save us is our play then we have problems . I now expect us to shit the bed and lose the title as Liverpools quadruple will happen .
Demise is a bit of a strong word. It wasn't York away tonight. it was the second leg of the CL semi-final... And we're still top of the PL with 4 games to go.

They are one off games - we are not entitled to win every game… it’s where we finish after 38 games and generally this side has delivered in spades….

although I do agree I’m sick of us being naive or not getting the rub of the green in these one off games
Spurs x 2
Southampton x 2
Crystal Palace x 2
The Dippers x 2
And then this abomination of the game tonight

And 'one off' + plural of a noun, come on mate........

Let me help you, I am going through the same process

grief.jpg

Why do you all think it's that simple? Half the clubs in Europe are stuffed full of internationals, only one wins the CL.

People forget too easily what we have won and the records we've broken in the past decade or so. In that time only 5 teams have won the CL.
I don't think it's simple but we managed the game against Atletico we should have been more than capable of doing so here. I'm not sure anyone here has forgotten any of our records, they aren't relevant to today's performance anyway.

I disagree about Ake though, he is good, and an international. We just haven't seen much of him. Zinchenko has been forced into his role which isn't his natural position.
Aké is brilliant in the air and almost always wins the battle. The big issue I have with him is that he is painfully slow in a foot race and I think that is his is undoing. Also, he is uncomfortable driving forward and in this regard Zinchenko has the edge. Having said all of that, he is improving and hopefully will continue to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.