Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep calling out those who act like the money City spend is worse than the money utd and liverpool spend...

Ah, but our money is 'dirty' money. All the money we've spent has contributed to Andy Mayor getting shafted with the Gtr M/cr Clean Air Zone, whereas the MANUre money is washed by the warm waters lapping the coast of the Cayman Islands, and Liverpool's loot is, er, non-existent, they don't spend any!

View attachment 42928

Aw bless look at sky and the sour scouse ****.

Top story on their page.

Oh the shock.
Ah but the next journeyman pro that the Dippers recruit will guarantee them five titles in a row, every domestic cup till 2030, and when he's forty years old he will have a resale value ten times the buying price of a plate of that favourite Norwegian dish 'lobscouse'!

I suggest reading the full linked article. I feel deeply sad for these journalists that their hope is taken away bit by bit year by year. As blues we know how that feels. The attack City headlines like all the recent ones about signing Haaland just mask their real fear. The real fear is our owners as they slowly year by year realise these owners love football and will not stop till they bring the beautiful game to their stable of clubs by reinvesting all profits into their clubs to achieve this. That is their fear as they try to protect the 'istry clubs who plunder millions of pounds from their clubs. When will they wake up and see the light, I suspect never as journalism and tv are now businesses that chase clicks and subscriptions and that is when truth is pushed onto a back seat.

PS. I do not really feel sad for these journalists, I laugh my tits off;-)
If we win this season that will be four in five.

You only have to look back to United's 13 in 21 years, to see that they did 4 in 5 years multiple times, and for much of that time they had a much bigger financial advantage than we've ever had.

Can you imagine a time in the 90s where a team other than United were competing for a quadruple? Haven't Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea all been to Champions League finals since Pep first won the league?

The biggest issue of the last few years is that Arsenal and United messed up their post Wenger/Ferguson transitions, and Chelsea messed up in the years around their transfer ban. There's no reason why the latter two shouldn't be able to compete with Liverpool and City, and Arsenal are big enough to climb back up a little. In terms of finances, Spurs have arguably got closer to the biggest clubs over the last few years. Arguably it's Pep and Klopp being settled that has been the difference between the top clubs over the past five years.

With an extra CL spot, and Newcastle coming up behind, there is no way that City will dominate like Bayern, PSG and Juve.

Boo-hoo poor old liverpool should ultimately win all and sundry cos' it means more

I smell the fear and see a river of salty tears from this uber-cnut journo

Fantastic
They are going for a quadruple, but we buy one player and everyone is doomed. I know Haaland is awsome, but didn't realise he was this good. Dortmund must be so unlucky not to win everything.

Link here to the article from an open source and not behind a paywall here:

An extract:

Any temptation to perceive romance in this move should be resisted. Haaland’s choice of City has been made, as Barcelona manager Xavi acknowledges, “primarily for financial reasons – I have no doubt about that”. The upshot is that the intensity of competition for titles is in grave danger of being diminished.

Liverpool are barely living with City’s standard domestically as it stands. They ended their campaign in 2019 with nine straight wins and lost by a point. This time, they have suffered two defeats all season, the fewest of any club besides Arsenal’s Invincibles, Chelsea’s runaway champions in 2005, and their own 2019 campaign, and are still likely to miss out.

With the introduction of Haaland, City are poised to make any hope of a sustained challenge a delusion, rendering the Premier League as predictable as a Bundesliga that Bayern Munich have won 10 years in a row. They will legitimately depict Haaland’s addition as an astounding coup. But for anybody hoping to quell the raids of the nouveau riche, this is not a moment to be cherished.
The funniest bit is his claim that the CL "can't be bought." What does he think Real Madrid have been doing with their Galacticos policy for the last 30 years or AC Milan before that? Has he not heard of checking things on Google. He is yet another moron stealing a living in the media. The Telegraph has become a laughing stock.

The main headline on BBC football online is currently "Liverpool back level with Man City" which is totally false because they are still in second place. I know we are in the post-truth age but things are getting ridiculous. Even LFC fans must see this is farcical.
we'd still be top even if the games played were the same(which thy're not), blimey they've all been harking on about goal difference for a while now..except when it suits their agenda

Link here to the article from an open source and not behind a paywall here:

An extract:

Any temptation to perceive romance in this move should be resisted. Haaland’s choice of City has been made, as Barcelona manager Xavi acknowledges, “primarily for financial reasons – I have no doubt about that”. The upshot is that the intensity of competition for titles is in grave danger of being diminished.

Liverpool are barely living with City’s standard domestically as it stands. They ended their campaign in 2019 with nine straight wins and lost by a point. This time, they have suffered two defeats all season, the fewest of any club besides Arsenal’s Invincibles, Chelsea’s runaway champions in 2005, and their own 2019 campaign, and are still likely to miss out.

With the introduction of Haaland, City are poised to make any hope of a sustained challenge a delusion, rendering the Premier League as predictable as a Bundesliga that Bayern Munich have won 10 years in a row. They will legitimately depict Haaland’s addition as an astounding coup. But for anybody hoping to quell the raids of the nouveau riche, this is not a moment to be cherished.
If they want competition (against City) then why were they so against the Saudi purchase of Newcastle, given that they believe our success is only due to **OIL MONEY**

The funniest bit is his claim that the CL "can't be bought." What does he think Real Madrid have been doing with their Galacticos policy for the last 30 years or AC Milan before that? Has he not heard of checking things on Google. He is yet another moron stealing a living in the media. The Telegraph has become a laughing stock.

If he said what they say he said then he's as thick as he is strange, one strange thick parody of stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.