10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely getting forward with more purpose last few games

Think we'll see the best of him when he has a striker to play off.

I think we'll be great on the counter next year with Foden, Haaland, Grealish and Bernardo and Kev in behind

All the good moments of Jack suggest that he "loves" when there are at least 3 teammates upfront, so that he could create or use the space..

He is a pure "number 10 / playmaker". I always knew for example that David Silva was destined to play midfield and he lost valuable years as a winger under Mancini / Pellegrini.. Same shouldn't happen with Jack..

Yep, if you look highlights of 11/12 season David Silva is a perfect winger, but under Pep we all saw that he had another dimension and that dimension was divine.. Nasri also unfortunately and Milner.. Pep and Klopp showed that these kind of players shouldn't be limited as wingers.. Juan Mata lost 8 fucking years at United and that happens to a lot of players under "stupid" managers, unable to use the qualities of the players..

We all know what Jack lacks, but that doesn't mean he should play different position.
Let's concentrate on and improve those skills -> defending, running, pressing and etc. These skills can be easily taught as requires discipline and will-power..

And limiting him as a winger isn't an option, we will loose all his qualities there..

15/16:
View attachment 42911

They're different players, and we're a different team now. If Pep's plan is to move him central then I'd expect it to happen quicker than over 6 years.

But perhaps we need to bear this trajectory in mind and not be too impatient for the move to happen.

Yep, Pep moved Silva to centre mid on day one.

Grealish seems full of talent. But on the wing he doesn't seem to be great. Not sure where he fits - if at all - in our squad. Hopefully he finds his way next season.

Grealish seems full of talent. But on the wing he doesn't seem to be great. Not sure where he fits - if at all - in our squad. Hopefully he finds his way next season.
Our fullbacks really need to be our wingersat our best

................. Halaand..............
..... Grealish...KDB.... Foden
............. Bernado...Rodri..........
Ait Nouri?...............................Cancelo
.............. Laporte.....Stones

With Rodri dropping in the middle often Or

Alvarez..... Halaand....... Sterling
........ Bernado........KDB....... (Foden.... Grealish) Either works
.......,............Rodri................
Zee.... Laporte.....Dias.......Walker

When we want speed out side.

Our fullbacks really need to be our wingersat our best

................. Halaand..............
..... Grealish...KDB.... Foden
............. Bernado...Rodri..........
Ait Nouri?...............................Cancelo
.............. Laporte.....Stones

With Rodri dropping in the middle often Or

Alvarez..... Halaand....... Sterling
........ Bernado........KDB....... (Foden.... Grealish) Either works
.......,............Rodri................
Zee.... Laporte.....Dias.......Walker

When we want speed out side.

I get that he is singing within his range for the age he now is. And he does it very well .... but it bores me to death. Have seen him live a couple of times in recent years, and his bands seem to consist of some Moroccan blokes, who have wandered in off the street and joined in.

I and seemingly many others, were there for a glimpse of a Zeppelin song, however reworked to pop up. But if it works for you, that's great .... just doesn't ring my bell.
Trouble is... assuming that this season's performance continues, then next season:

In your first lineup, Sterling (if he's still in our side) would be far better than Grealish.

In your second lineup, Foden or Mahrez on the right are far better than Grealish.

IMO, Grealish might be best in a sort of free roaming central mid role. Trouble is, we have better players there - KDB, Silva, Gundo.

All said - I'm still not sure where Grealish fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.